CANCELED DISH

flody1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2005
Il. USA
Told me they will send UPS return kit for hopper3 and remote. 7-10 days to get kit. Anyone had any experience with this??

Told me they will send UPS return kit for hopper3 and remote. 7-10 days to get kit. Anyone had any experience with this??
I have not personally canceled Dish, but for someone I know who did, it is pretty straight forward. You get the return kit, put it in, and had scheduled for pick up. Very easy.

All the packaging is included to securely ship the equipment back to Dish. The want the units, remotes, the LNB off your dish, and any switches present in your setup. They gave me a hard time when I told them the LNB was not easily accessible and I wasn‘t going to climb a ladder to retrieve it. So, if your dish is on the roof or up high on your house be prepared to squabble with them over it. Otherwise it was painless. Pack up the stuff and drop it off at UPS. Keep the receipt with the tracking number.

All the packaging is included to securely ship the equipment back to Dish. The want the units, remotes, the LNB off your dish, and any switches present in your setup. They gave me a hard time when I told them the LNB was not easily accessible and I wasn‘t going to climb a ladder to retrieve it. So, if your dish is on the roof or up high on your house be prepared to squabble with them over it. Otherwise it was painless. Pack up the stuff and drop it off at UPS. Keep the receipt with the tracking number.
How long ago was that? Because from what I’ve seen lately I don’t think they’ve been asking for the lnb anymore.

Thanks, they told me today all they wanted was the Hopper3 and the remote. I asked about the LNB ,,,said no didn't need it ??

Thanks, they told me today all they wanted was the Hopper3 and the remote. I asked about the LNB ,,,said no didn't need it ??
They tell you they want the lnb, you crawl up the roof to get it, fall off the roof, break your back, need 24/7 heath care rest of life, sue them for 75 million and get it.

This is why the lnb is no big deal.

They no longer ask for the LNB back, or the switches, etc.

How long ago was that? Because from what I’ve seen lately I don’t think they’ve been asking for the lnb anymore.
This was in December 2022. (7 months ago.) They asked in writing, in the return instructions, for all the equipment i specified in my original post. I called Dish support to tell them the LNB was not easily accessible and the rep told me I should hire a tech to retrieve it. I did not send it back and did not get charged for it.

We recently cancelled, paid $220 due to months left on the contract. They did ask for the LNBs but when I said I couldn't do that, not another word was mentioned about it.

Felt strange to cancel as we've been dish customers since about 1997. But the times, they are a-changing in general and for us personally.

This was in December 2022. (7 months ago.) They asked in writing, in the return instructions, for all the equipment i specified in my original post. I called Dish support to tell them the LNB was not easily accessible and the rep told me I should hire a tech to retrieve it. I did not send it back and did not get charged for it.
I thought they stopped that long ago, but, apparently not. You can never underestimate DiSH. Amazing, they're still asking people to self-disassemble their antenna. Don't you see all these DiSH vans driving around with their in-house servicers that they used to finally kill off dealers? Shouldn't they just send one of those to uninstall the equip.?

Someone should follow up with their A.G. and stick this to them, what they're doing with the public, even after of course they say oh, no, don't bother, you're OK. They're still improperly terminating service and intimidating others.

I thought they stopped that long ago, but, apparently not. You can never underestimate DiSH. Amazing, they're still asking people to self-disassemble their antenna. Don't you see all these DiSH vans driving around with their in-house servicers that they used to finally kill off dealers? Shouldn't they just send one of those to uninstall the equip.?

Someone should follow up with their A.G. and stick this to them, what they're doing with the public, even after of course they say oh, no, don't bother, you're OK. They're still improperly terminating service and intimidating others.
Also, all it would seem to do is peeve off customers and guarantee they would never come back to Dish.

A customer that cancels is still a potential customer later on.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts