Can't detect some transponders in SatMex5 and Satmex6

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm still amazed every time I read this.
Thats not much of a dish! 19 x 24" ?
http://sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Dishnetwork/Dishes/Dish-1000point2.htm
So, all credit to the SatAV PLL LNBF, microHD, and your careful aiming! ;)

Yes, 19" X 24" or something like that. I was wrong, the SatAV PLL is on my Channel Master 1.2 meter, I currently have a WSI ESX521FE on the Turbo HD.

All things being equal, aiming is key, and can test your patience even under ideal conditions.

Yes, 19" X 24" or something like that. I was wrong, the SatAV PLL is on my Channel Master 1.2 meter, I currently have a WSI ESX521FE on the Turbo HD.

All things being equal, aiming is key, and can test your patience even under ideal conditions.

I used the same dish and the WSI ESX dual output LNBF on a stationary setup for about a year to get 97W, but I extended the arm and moved the LNBF about 1 inch out which helped.
3-16-2012 008.JPG
I had a very good signal.

Now I have a 36'' dish on the motor, but I am still using the WSI LNBF

I used the same dish and the WSI ESX dual output LNBF on a stationary setup for about a year to get 97W, but I extended the arm and moved the LNBF about 1 inch out which helped.
View attachment 85306
I had a very good signal.

Now I have a 36'' dish on the motor, but I am still using the WSI LNBF

I'll have to try moving it out that much. I moved it back and forth in the lnb holder I attached to the arm but I'll try extending it out more.

I have zero skew on my dish and the lnb is skewed for 125w.

I experimented with skewing just the dish and then the dish and lnb slightly etc.... but the best signal, which is pretty much the only signal, is with the dish horizontal and the lnb skewed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)