cant get my local cbs via voom box

moviemax

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Yesterday my local cbs i get with my voom box stopped coming in. So i did a scan of my local channels and all my locals picked up and even my local cbs did with signal strength of 94 percent. but when i put on cbs, it is a black screen and says no signal try again later. can someone tell me what is going on and how to fix it?

Have you contacted the station to see if they're having problems, or talked to someone in the area that also has a HD tuner?

By the way, where are you, what are the call letters of the station?

I live in charleston wv. the station is wowk tv 13. I contacted the station and said someone would contact me but ive heard nothing so far.

If the station changes the PSIP channel identifier, a rescan should correct the problem (should being the operative word). A few questions:

1. Is your VOOM already mapped for your DMA or did it come another DMA?
2. What software version are you using? (as I recall, 6.10 and 6.20 had a variety of issues with PSIP and their ability to handle dynamic PSIP).
3. If this channel was not mapped in your DMA, have you tried to delete and add this specific channel?
4. Also, why does the FCC show WOWK as having two DTV stations (both 13 and 47)?

WOWK-TV 13 DT APP HUNTINGTON WV US BFRCCT-20050815ABI - 23342 15.96 kW DA 396. m 622. m 325.8 m N 38 30 21.00 W 82 12 33.00 1234025 WEST VIRGINIA MEDIA HOLDINGS, LLC

WOWK-TV 47 DT CP MOD HUNTINGTON WV US BMPCDT-20050815ADW - 23342 562. kW DA 396. m 621.6 m 325.4 m N 38 30 20.80 W 82 12 32.80 1234025 WEST VIRGINIA MEDIA HOLDINGS, LLC

I believe the reason they show 2 stations is one is analog and the other is high definition. the analog is on 13 and the hd is in the upper channels. with an attenna it is 13-1. the station just emailed me back and said what you were talking about that their device that sends out their psip data needed rebooting and that it should be fine now. I will check it when i go home today and hopefully all will be good. they told me to contact them if the problem wasent corrected.

I hope everything is back in working order. The VOOM STB is a stickler for PSIP compliance...if the PSIP datastream is out-of-whack then blank screens and receiver freezes will likely occur. I'm knew one of the channels was analog...just not sure which one since my query only looked for digital stations which come back as DT (analog are reported as TV). Oh well, it's close enough for government work.:rolleyes:

ota antenna reccomondation

ota reccomondation for me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts