Caprica -- *** Series Cancelled ***

I think this is starting to get better, now that I've learned to accept it as a sci-fi drama series rather than as a string of interweaving plotlines whose sole purpose is to get us from one epic battle/action/fx-laden scene to the next (aka BSG).

With that said, I'm still puzzled by the seeming disparity between the use of analog technologies (like we saw in BSG) and some of these highly advanced digital ones, like the holo-visor world thingy and those computerized sheets of paper.

Also remember Adama was a dinosaur, he refused to let that new technology get on to BSG. They could have had all this tech on Caprica before it was blown up.

After watching the 3rd episode now, I have to agree with the Cylons!

They were right to go genocidal on the humans! Also, as we saw on BSG's ending episode, the Cylons were right in that there is only 1 God.

I can't hardly believe how corrupt they are showing the humans to be, and in the 3rd episode in.. It's just never-ending darkness and evil...

I'm still puzzled by the seeming disparity between the use of analog technologies (like we saw in BSG) and some of these highly advanced digital ones, like the holo-visor world thingy and those computerized sheets of paper.
I agree on the mix of old and new technology. Puzzling but intriguing.

On one hand you have: Static on the TV. Videotape. Rotary dial telephones. Old cars.

On the other hand: Digital video recording that you can playback with voice command, displayed right on the big glass window on your house. Everybody carrying a cell phone. Magnetic levitation trains. All sorts of flying vehicles. And the whole "digital virtual world in which a computer program can become sentient" thing.
After watching the 3rd episode now, I have to agree with the Cylons!

They were right to go genocidal on the humans! Also, as we saw on BSG's ending episode, the Cylons were right in that there is only 1 God.

I can't hardly believe how corrupt they are showing the humans to be, and in the 3rd episode in.. It's just never-ending darkness and evil...
My thoughts exactly. I think we're meant to be seeing just how depraved human society can become, such that "they deserved genocide" becomes a valid point of view. Wow.

I am still waiting for the explanation for how Lee Adama's grandpa was remembered as a highly respected attorney instead of a member of the mafia. The two professions are not necessarily the same thing.

I watched the first two part of the series and I just didn't really care that much about it. I mean you already know where the story is eventually headed. Once I have already seen the ending of the show (Battlestar Galactica) , what's the point in watching the history 50 years before leading up to the original show? That is why I really hate prequels.

Different show & characters, why watch a WWI movie when you know how WWII came out? ;)

Different all together. WWII is a historical event , not a fictional mythology like Caprica/Battle star Galactica. I would watch the war movies because they are based on a real event - the war. I lost a grandfather in WWII para-trooping into Germany and another one spent 4 years in a Japanese P.O.W. prison. So the war movies have a personal connection for me. Not that I didn't love Battle Star Galactica. I just don't feel like rehashing it all again. I already know how it will end.

We do not know how the series will go. Perhaps when they decide to end the series they will throw a bone to the BSG crowd and show something about the cylons deciding to overthrow the world. Until then it is nothing more than a hook to draw in the BSG crowd with the shiney cylon bait (along with the Adama name).

Plot lines so far have little to do with BSG:

1: Planet class issues - briefly discussed in BSG with the ore processing ship being a class of people
2: Religious fighting - vague BSG reference, we know the cylons were one true God, but not touched on with humans
3: Technologically advanced society - aside from pilot of BSG, little was ever really discussed/seen in BSG
4: Teenage depravity - not seen in BSG

The Outcasts

TBS cancels 'Lopez Tonight'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)