CBS stations return to DISH

ota used to be great before the switch to digital, you could actually pull in stations from Tulsa and Dallas and sometimes you could pull in a OKC station.
high frequency signals do not like objects in their way.

That digital signal doesn't travel with the lay of the land the way the old analog signal did.

i know this dispute is gonna hit my market really hard as CBS owns KTVT CBS 11 and KTXA 21. which is must have for DFW Sports fans as KTXA has some of the Stars, Rangers and Mavs games and CBS 11 with some Cowboys games as well as other NFL on CBS games and the SEC college football on CBS. if CBS does go into a 2 to 4 month dispute with Dish, the big winners in this would be cable/sat in the DFW area would be Time Warner Cable (Comcast merger still hasn't finished yet and is waiting an FCC and DOJ approval ), Charter Communications, DirecTV, AT&T Uverse, Verizon Fios and some other local providers in the area would be big winners as well as the antenna and the Internet. as with every dispute, the only winners are those on other providers, those who switched providers, those who cut the cord for good, and those who can watch on Antenna (for local stations) or Online. meanwhile, the biggest losers are both sides for pulling channels, and us the customers as we always get it up the rear,

paid TV sometimes can be like the Gasoline industry, they both like to tell us to bend over and take it like the b****es we are.

Les Moonves is an idiot. He spouts stuff all the time about all of the service providers, Satellite and cable. He's just posturing looking to make as much money as he can.

Haha well said Bobby and Kab.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I can see the owned CBS stations off DISH Dec 1. Will DISH be then in more of mood to get the Turner stations back, and to keep TNT and TBS? Or the other way - be more interested in keeping CBS and make a deal quicker with them than they might otherwise?

most likely most people will jump ship and go to directv if this happens very good question to ask

CBS now has direct programming. You can subscribe to it. This is a CBS decision not, DISH
Yep. CBS is leading the way - to the Big Three/Four networks leaving most or all sat and cable for their direct subscription service. Easy for sat and cable to say "You want them- subscribe direct." PLENTY of other options.

They should resolve the CBS contract more timely since they carry the NFL. Dish doesn't want to be without the NFL, especially with the Broncos being in their hometown of Denver, CO. Hopefully they pull in other CBS stations (hopefully in HD) if things fail, or perhaps CBS giving Dish customers a special deal for CBS Access.

Reactions: kozmo104
Yeah, don't count on Congress...just read about a Senator equating Net Neutrality to "Obamacare for the Internet" :facepalm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415761187.036903.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts