Changing 311k out to 322 - New DPP LNBF on its way

Happy Ending...I finally got my system working in the RV. With the dome satellite's single LNB as you know you can only get one sat at a time. With some patience, (not pressing buttons too fast from impatience) I was able to lock on to 110. (Thanks Chad for the Dish Pointer app advice) I knew my dish was pointing at 110 but because it is mechanized you have to rely on it to be correct. You cannot move it or set it manually. That being said using the Dish Pointer I was convinced I was at or near 110. Being patient it locked on and then the check switch went to 1-38 both tv1 and tv2, (not 1-1 like before, apparently starting to get a signal).
Again, I patiently waited for the system to finish and when it did, it stated, "you have fewer satellites, do you want to save or cancel". I saved. This made 110 the only sat coming through the receiver. I believe what happened next is that the system (my 311k receiver in the RV) was stretched and having problems trying to capture two different satellites, very warm/hot to the touch.
Once I saved just 110 sat only, then everything loaded just like the house and I received the program guide and all of the channels (transponders) on 110 that are my subscription, even the local OTA that we get with our subscription nice and clear.
After dinner, I turned everything on again, the TV and the Dish receiver and all of the programs were there, no down loading, came right up.
I was beginning to think maybe my dome LNB or circuit board were beginning to fail. I did notice the receiver was very warm, but it seem more normal after dinner, possibly because it was straining to read or get signal. Tonight I disconnected the 120 volt plug on the receiver, don't want a fire and will recheck programming in the morning. Also tomorrow I may do another check switch to see if tv2 is no longer showing.
Thanks again...everybody and I hope some other RV'er gains from my experience....(now back to programming a UHF remote....LOL)

Lol. The UHF remote... It's easy but there are 100 things I can think of off the top of my head that would be a pain in the ass to describe. Basically with your system you want a 4.x ir/UHF remote and the black or gray UHF tab. Also make sure your 311k has the remote antenna on the back of it. That should get you started.

Reactions: Road Glide
ChadT41....ha ha...thanks for hanging in there with me...I was only messing with the UHF remote I got with the 322 from the private party because I got frustrated with setting up the 311k in the RV and needed a break. The 322 came with both remotes IR and UHF which is 21.1 and the DN separator which is now on the back of the 322 in the house. I will wire the spare bedroom tv2 later and get another remote UHF for it. Probably use the one that came with the 322 which makes more sense. (already programmed)
Dish network chat CSR told me the 311k would support the 21.1 UHF remote. They didnt mention the changing of the keys, like you have and I saw those on eBay for $4...I believe the key needs to be the green 1UHF Pro to work with TV1, not sure but I will find out. With a UHF in the RV, you can watch TV in the back bedroom and beats getting up with the IR for line of sight after you get all comfy...
Yes, I have the antenna already on the back of the 311k in the RV. I pirated it off of the 322 I bought off Craigslist...lol I will get another for the 322 later..
So far total expense...$30 for the Craigslist 322 and two remotes plus the separator and $20 for the new DPP LNB off eBay for the house 500 dish.

Ohh. SAVE YOUR MONEY.... Lol. The 21.1 is far superior then previous remotes. If you look at the bottom of the remote, you'll either see a blue number 2 or a green number 1. Take off battery cover and flip that to green 1. Then inside the battery compartment is a small switch... Make sure it is set to uhf(and I mean small). I beleive the 21.1 will work with the 322/311k but I have been away from that stuff for over a year now, and have had hoppers for 3 years now... I've replaced most my knowledge on that equipment with others. Lol.

Ok last post for awhile....If I get another 21.1 off eBay it should work with a different key all together (green 1UHF PRO key) for the 311k in the RV. That and another wire antenna to put back on the 322 that I robbed and I am good to go....Then the 21.1 I got with the 322 from the private party will go in the spare room for tv2. It was put back to "blue 2" after trying unsuccessfully to work the 311k.
I tried flipping the key to "green 1", it would NOT open the address tab when I was at system info on the 311k. And would not open with blue 2 showing. Tiny switch is moved to "UHF" in battery compartment. The address box, I think it was "i" under system info just shows just tv1 on the 311k in the RV. House DN receiver 322 has both tv1 and tv2 boxes, i and j. Have a great Sunday!

Update: Used the RV the last 5 days in the Merced, Ca area. When we parked, I purposely parked the RV facing south again like at home(shouldn't matter what direction we parked) turned on the front TV and 311k receiver and went to menu 6-1-1. Hit the dome satellite "search" feature and after a few seconds, satellite locked on 110 and we were good for the rest of the stay.
Home receiver 322 is still working great also with the new DPP lnb replacing the DP lnb.
Next up need to find a remote control on eBay that will facilitate UHF for the 311k in the RV. Chad suggested 4.0 but there is a 6.4 available now with all of the different keys. I believe you need a certain key "1 UHF Pro" to get the address to change on the menu, as it is now it just says "IR". The key is the key to get the receiver to change address for TV1 from IR to UHF. Then I believe you can program it after that.
Thanks again everyone for all your input....

The 6.4 likely will work. Same with a 21.1 that they sell at Walmart. It's been awhile since I have messed with those old receivers, I cannot remember which remotes were compatible or not. I just know the 4.x series remote was designed for that receiver.

Update: We are in the house watching "Murder, She Wrote" on the main TV in the living room and the kids are watching something else in the bedroom on their TV. NICE! We have the 322 SD dual receiver in the house and everything is still A-OK....LOL
Thanks again everybody...

Reactions: TheKrell
Update: We are in the house watching "Murder, She Wrote" on the main TV in the living room and the kids are watching something else in the bedroom on their TV. NICE! We have the 322 SD dual receiver in the house and everything is still A-OK....LOL

Was the Murder she Wrote that good that you had to post it 3 times?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts