Charlie Steps Down

Joseph P. Clayton Named President and CEO of DISH Network

Charlie getting ready to retire or sell?

Joseph P. Clayton Named President and CEO of DISH Network

Charles W. Ergen to Continue as Chairman

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., May 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced today that Joseph P. Clayton has been named the company's president and chief executive officer and has been appointed to the DISH Network board of directors, effective June 20, 2011. Charles W. Ergen, who formerly held the positions of president and chief executive officer, will remain as chairman of DISH Network.

(Logo: Login)

"Joe is a 38-year veteran of the consumer electronics, telecommunications and satellite communications industries and I am pleased to have him lead DISH Network as president and CEO," said Ergen, chairman of DISH Network. "Joe brings an enormous amount of executive-level experience in the satellite and consumer electronics industries, including positions at RCA, General Electric and Thomson, and we look forward to his leadership as we continue to deliver video entertainment into the future."

"I am very excited to take on this new challenge," said Clayton. "My working relationship with Charlie spans nearly 20 years, and I look forward to building on DISH Network's legacy of innovation and value in TV entertainment."

Clayton previously served as chairman of Sirius Satellite Radio Inc., from November 2004 through July 2008 and served as chief executive officer of Sirius from November 2001 through November 2004. Prior to joining Sirius, Clayton served as president of Global Crossing North America, as president and chief executive officer of Frontier Corporation and as executive vice president of Marketing and Sales for the Americas and Asia of Thomson S.A.

Joe is a good guy. I first met him back in May 20, 2004 when he was the CEO of SIRIUS Satellite Radio.

Joe has always been very honest and friendly with me and we continued to talk from time to time even after he left SIRIUS. He didn't live to far from me as he had an amazing house in Mass.

Joe has an amazing head on his shoulders and was the driving force bring Howard Stern to Satellite Radio. I was there with Joe when he announced Howard Stern was coming at CES and he was so happy, that was also day I met current SIRIUS XM CEO Mel Karmizan.

Joe is a HUGE fan of Bluegrass Country music.

Joe is a man who knows what he is doing and know what he wants. I think he is the PERFECT choice for President and CEO of DISH Network!

Welcome back Joe!

Attachments

• joe_clayton.jpg
    joe_clayton.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 657
  • joe_clayton2.jpg
    joe_clayton2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 589
Does this actually mean anything? Or should we still expect Cheap Charlie to run the show?
I think this means something...

Charlie hasn't really been day to day operatings for DISH for quite awhile. Hes been traveling a lot working on a number of projects including some big deals outside the US.

Charlie needs someone to keep their eye on the ball at home and Joe is the perfect person to take the reigns.

I think this means something...

Charlie hasn't really been day to day operatings for DISH for quite awhile. Hes been traveling a lot working on a number of projects including some big deals outside the US.

Charlie needs someone to keep their eye on the ball at home and Joe is the perfect person to take the reigns.

In your opinion, Scott, is Clayton just keeping Charlie's chair warm for him, or does he have the "freedom" to go out and buy his own chair?

I would say hes keeping the chair warm for Charlie. Charlie could come back at any time.

I think that Joe understands Charlies vision and hes going to help Charlie achieve that vision.

There is nobody better to be in that seat then Joe Clayton.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts