Ciel 2 Tracking

So, what is the latest location and prediction on Ciel 2. That was the subject was't it? and don't tell me soon!

Last TLE was from yesterday morning. n2yo's model has it at 138.02

Perigee: 35,785.3 km
Apogee: 35,801.7 km

Code:
[SIZE=2][SIZE=3]1 33453U 08063A   09022.62508885  .00000109  00000-0  10000-3 0   647
2 33453 000.0308 216.7709 0001938 149.2966 203.0215 01.00272724   458[/SIZE][/SIZE]

When I took a look at Satelliteguys "The List" (a great summary of the sat details), I can better understand the time it is taking. It has a huge number of new beams listed (unavailable) with a bunch still unidentified.

I don't think I'm going to start numbering the TID's with SB numbers yet until the channels are active so I know for sure what is what.

Living in Cleveland, Oh with HD service I was told that I need a second dish mounted in order to receive the locals in HD. This forum seems to imply that something about this Ciel 2 thingy and Sat 129 will result in my having local HD without the 2nd dish. Does anyone have insight on when this will happen, and when it does how will I know that the stations are available. Will Dish send me an email, is a service call needed, do I need to know something about system set up. All advise is welcome........

Living in Cleveland, Oh with HD service I was told that I need a second dish mounted in order to receive the locals in HD. This forum seems to imply that something about this Ciel 2 thingy and Sat 129 will result in my having local HD without the 2nd dish. Does anyone have insight on when this will happen, and when it does how will I know that the stations are available. Will Dish send me an email, is a service call needed, do I need to know something about system set up. All advise is welcome........

Darn, you:) See my answer in the OTHER thread where you posted the same question.

And welcome to SatelliteGuys.

maybe a lil off topic

Sorry if this is a lil off topic but does anyone know through the uplinks or what not if the oklahoma city HD market will be moved from 110 to 129 when ciel 2 finally comes home?(Soon Soon i know) id take a wild guess and i think they will be moved there to save space for 110 but OKC has always gotten the benefit of having their locals sd and hd running off of 110 or even 119. I miss them being on 119 that spotbeam always gave me 125 or 85% signal quality.if so hopefully the spotbeam will be as strong as the curent one because well i am in the middle of tornado alley and its nice to be able to see ur locals if nothing else when a bad storm comes. It takes a hell of a storm to kill my locals now.

In Cleveland, Ohio if you had a Dish 1000 dish then you received 110/119/129 birds from one large dish. When we got locals here in NE Ohio they put them on 61.5 along with our Regional sports networks "moved them from 129". of course since your original dish only supported the 3 orbital locations listed above we required an upgrade to the 1000.2 dish which allowed for a 4th LNB input "Wing dish" pointed at 61.5. "Pre eastern Arc"

Now with all that said I doubt they will move any Cleveland local stations to 129 since that is a western satellite and is low in the western sky. Currently we are in the eastern arc map which means our locals are basically locked at 61.5 or one of the other EA satellites. 61.5/72/77 satellites.

Hope this helps.

Sorry if this is a lil off topic but does anyone know through the uplinks or what not if the oklahoma city HD market will be moved from 110 to 129 when ciel 2 finally comes home.

Yes, someone knows, but they are not telling the public, because such things are trade secrets.

And, they are subject to change between when the plans are made, and when the uplinks actually occur.

In Cleveland, Ohio if you had a Dish 1000 dish then you received 110/119/129 birds from one large dish. When we got locals here in NE Ohio they put them on 61.5 along with our Regional sports networks "moved them from 129". of course since your original dish only supported the 3 orbital locations listed above we required an upgrade to the 1000.2 dish which allowed for a 4th LNB input "Wing dish" pointed at 61.5. "Pre eastern Arc"

Now with all that said I doubt they will move any Cleveland local stations to 129 since that is a western satellite and is low in the western sky. Currently we are in the eastern arc map which means our locals are basically locked at 61.5 or one of the other EA satellites. 61.5/72/77 satellites.

Hope this helps.

actually if you look at the uplink reports that have already added place holders for the cleveland stations on ciel-2...

4522 - WEWS [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 1 Spotbeam ?? (NA)(Cleveland, OH)
4524 - WKYC [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 1 Spotbeam ?? (NA)(Cleveland, OH)
4525 - WJW [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 1 Spotbeam ?? (NA)(Cleveland, OH)

IT'S MOVING TOWARDS 129!!!!!!!!!!!!

CIEL-2

Sat, 24 Jan 2009 02:25:32 UTC Latitude: Longitude: -136.35°Right Ascension: 1h 18m 16s Declination: -7° 8' 0'' Azimuth: 223.9°Elevation: +33.87°Altitude [km]: 35633.67Altitude [miles]: 22092.88Speed [km/s]: 0.02Speed [miles/s]: 0.01

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)