Cincinnati local channel HD nightmare!

I am not having to pay for the 1000.4 as I am able to prove my current LOS is constantly obstructed by tree branches that I have had to remove over the years. The EA has an open LOS. And as a 12 year customer I told them I expected to receive it. It will be installed tomorrow and I am hoping there are no snafus!!!
Nor did I pay the $59.99 or agree to a 2 year commitment. After the nightmare they have put me through, I think they thought better of telling me I had to chose either of these.

Last edited:
Does this mean Cincy folks are getting smart cards? I still have not got one.

Thanks for posting this story.

Im not fooling with EA till Dish carries CBS in Cincy. Its not worth our time to fight with Dish over something we would only use from time to time. Our primary OTA station we watch is CBS local 12.

I got my new smart card a few months ago. Then we got a new tv and there were some problems with sides being cut off. So DN assumed it was the smart card. Although we had no problems with the tv we had not replaced. Anyway we discovered how to fix problem on our own, so it was not the smart card. They couldn't just reactivate the one they had me pull out since new ones were on their way. I did receive them pretty quickly though.
And you will have to keep checking back to see if CBS ever gets added to the HD locals as Dish will not inform you. I had to discover Cincy had locals in HD on my own.

Nightmare continues!

I didn't expect DN to get this right, so I am not surprised that I still do not have my Dish 1000.4 installed. I called the installer today to be sure they were still coming out. Since there are only 5 people that work in that office, the lady knew of my situation. She was the one that spent 3 hours on the phone with DN getting my work order processed correctly on Tuesday. Well she opened the work order and groaned. The folks at DN struck again. They had deleted the wrong work order. So the technician coming out did not have the dish 1000.4 on his truck. He tried finding another tech in the area that had one with no luck. So now we wait another week to try this again. The installer isn't even letting DN know. Will just keep the work order open.
I am really hating DN!

If you are in the Cincinnati area and want to get a 1000.4 call digital dish instead of dish network and they will take care of you the right way. 1-800-893-1991.

If you are in the Cincinnati area and want to get a 1000.4 call digital dish instead of dish network and they will take care of you the right way. 1-800-893-1991.
Live just outside the Cinti area. Besides, have to schedule on an off day and a warm day to get on the roof.

This is a good example of why Dish is losing subscribers. It is total craziness. Not one CSR that I talked to knew what was going on. Even the tech department didn't know. If it wasn't for this forum I would have gave up but I knew what they had to install.

The lousy, incompetent crs's are one of the main reasons(there were several other issues) that I dumped DISH.

The lousy, incompetent crs's are one of the main reasons(there were several other issues) that I dumped DISH.
Well I hear Direct has their own issues also. I think a lot of companies have lost sight of customer satisfaction. You would think companies would make every effort to keep their customers instead of alienating them and treating them like cr@p! :eek:

The nightmare continues! All set up to have the 1000.4 installed today. Made sure my roof had no snow, cleared a path of snow up the hill for the technician. Had called the installer yesterday and confirmed it was noted on the work order to have the 1000.4 installed. The guy just showed up, with NO Dish 1000.4. He had 2 pages of work orders. My appointment has been changed 6 times. Dish has made a mess of this work order.
He is coming back tomorrow with the Dish 1000.4. Not only did I not get my dish up, but he doesn't get paid. I still can't get Fox News in HD since DN can't make any changes to my plan until the work order is closed.
I checked my account on line and they have made a mess of that also. Have changed my package, added the protection plan, added premium HD. No idea what all that would cost. And I can't call them to correct the mess until this work order is closed. Hopefully I can get some discounts on my monthly bills after this fiasco. !protest

So I called Dish today just to see what they want these days to get locals in HD.

They say they want to put a wing dish up instead of a 1000.4 for 99 bucks. I said why would Dish want to do that because that would require a DPP44 which costs a lot of money?

They said I could have it either way but still would be 99 bucks.

Figured I would pass it along.

So I called Dish today just to see what they want these days to get locals in HD.

They say they want to put a wing dish up instead of a 1000.4 for 99 bucks. I said why would Dish want to do that because that would require a DPP44 which costs a lot of money?

They said I could have it either way but still would be 99 bucks.

Figured I would pass it along.
They originally told me $59.99 or a 2 year commitment. After all the problems I had with them, they agreed to no cost and no commitment. We did lose our local channels in SD since we lost the 110 satellite, except 48 and 12 are still in SD. Which is fine, but now my DVR will fill up quicker. They said they could send somone out and put a dish up just to get the 110 satelite. That would mean 2 dishes which defeats the the purpose of installing the 1000.4. May have to invest in the external HD. More money to Dish which I am not prepared to give them,
I got my bill cheaper. Had them drop the Platinum HD package which I never asked for anyway. Also deleted the protection plan I did not ask for. Then asked for a discount due to all the problems. They offered $10 for 5 months and a year of Cinemax for a penny. So told them fine and will reevaluate whether to stay with them in 5 months.
Just keep calling and you may find one that will give you the Dish 1000.4 eventually.

My call for the 1000.4 install: Dish will upgrade for free with a 24 mos. committment. $59.95 without extension of contract. This is for existing customers. Always a surprise as to what you will hear. For now, I will be content with viewing my local HD's with my rooftop antenna. Just not ready to commit to 2 more years. But IMO, same experiences with Direct. I've dealt with them for my mother's and my son's install. Sad, but tis our world today.

Springfield HD locals became available recently so I called around 7pm to set up the install and they came the next day and got it all set up. They did have to turn off the locals but I was only without them for like half a day. They had some trouble turning the locals back on but got it eventually. Sorry your experience is so bad.

Springfield HD locals became available recently so I called around 7pm to set up the install and they came the next day and got it all set up. They did have to turn off the locals but I was only without them for like half a day. They had some trouble turning the locals back on but got it eventually. Sorry your experience is so bad.
Have they put up KY3 yet?
Also what did it cost?
I get all of the channels OTA, but it would be nice to be able to record several programs at the same time.

They did have to turn off the locals but I was only without them for like half a day. They had some trouble turning the locals back on but got it eventually. Sorry your experience is so bad.

You should not have had to have been without your locals at all. That is the problem. The csr don't know what they are doing. They only have to remove your SD locals to make the work order. Then they can put them back. But most of them will tell you you can't have your locals back in SD until the work order is closed. Since we had to deal with ice and snow on a roof, I told them there was no way I was not having my locals. I do not have an OTA since we live between 2 hills.
Customer service needs to improve or DN will continue to lose customers.

Why are you guys paying and signing 2 year commitments when you don't have to. Myself and 3 of my neighbors have 1000.4's installed with no commitment and did not pay a dime. We all called dish and said our locals are in hd what can you do and they took care of it. If they tell you a price ask to speak to someone else, don't give in. Why should you pay to have an instillation of programming you already pay for. Also I have found it is easier to go online on dishnetwork dot com and take care of things in the tech chat. The people there seem to be more knowledgeable and take care of you better.

Why are you guys paying and signing 2 year commitments when you don't have to. Myself and 3 of my neighbors have 1000.4's installed with no commitment and did not pay a dime. We all called dish and said our locals are in hd what can you do and they took care of it. If they tell you a price ask to speak to someone else, don't give in. Why should you pay to have an instillation of programming you already pay for. Also I have found it is easier to go online on dishnetwork dot com and take care of things in the tech chat. The people there seem to be more knowledgeable and take care of you better.

Agree. If you don't like the answer one csr gives you, hang up and call back again. Eventually you will get someone that knows what they are doing.

Have they put up KY3 yet?
Also what did it cost?
I get all of the channels OTA, but it would be nice to be able to record several programs at the same time.

The only HD channels for Springfield are CBS and FOX but I didn't really care. I just wanted the 77 satellite so I could "move" and get the Cincinnati HD locals and get the Cavs (Lebron) in HD. I get all the Springfield locals OTA anyways.
I did the 2 year commitment thing which was probably stupid but I didn't feel like bothering w/ trying to talk to the dish people that barely speak English. It is true though that they can't really charge you to put up a dish for HD locals that you are already paying for. Didn't really think about that before but oh well.

That is interesting since Cincinnati can't get CBS in HD. Only ABC, NBC and FOX. And it uses 77. I get my SD CBS off of 77 also.
I spoke with an engineer from ch12 a month ago and he told me they are negotiating with dish. He said it had to do with the CW channel 12-2. Dish does not want to carry it and ch12 wants them to. My buddy has Directv and he has 12 in HD along with the CW. I can understand both sides, but I really dont care about the CW. We will just have to wait and see who caves in first, but I bet it will not be dish. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts