Classic Doctor Who Coming To Retrotv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
http://www.myretrotv.com/news/-retr...-classic-doctor-who-to-its-programming-lineup

I am VERY skeptical of this deal. Henry Luken is the undisputed king of mismanagement.
I don’t see this playing out well at all.

I absolutely LOVE Doctor Who and am thrilled that the classics are to be aired again but I wish it would be on BBC America in HD. RetroTV PQ leaves much to be desired.

P.S. I’m not diggin this new forum thingie. It’s just too soft and squishy and too new-agey looking.
Apparently an attempt at internet 2.0 or something.

Mark me down as one who does not welcome change.

Thats cool. I have most of them that are available. Will give me a reason to watch Rtv again. About half of the Hartnell episodes and most of the Troughton episodes are missing/lost from the BBC tape wiping policy.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: Dee_Ann
I too have pretty much all of them as well, I can watch them on my Roku whenever I like.

BTW, one of the projects I have planned for this summer is to build a full size TARDIS, full scale, 100% accurate in every detail for my back yard. Lights and all.
I want to put sound effects in it so it randomly plays it’s classic sound and lights up. I’m going to make it out of cement board so it will last forever and won’t blow over in storms.
I’ll keep my gardening stuff in it.

My dad, is certain I have lost my mind.
He may be right but I don’t care.

I also have a collection of Sonic Screwdrivers.

I was sorely disappointed in the toy versions. They are very cheap looking and of poor construction.
I then decided that I must have high quality models and I bought one that is actually a universal remote control. It uses gestures to (it has micro gyroscopes inside like an iPhone) and depending on how you wave it around it will change channels, mute, do the volume, etc.. I even have it so it turns my air conditioner on/off and my fans too. It’s made out of real metal and the quality is outstanding.

I’m going to buy another universal remote type for the 10th Doctor.

I found a place that sells 100% totally accurate reproductions that are made by the man that makes them for the BBC. But, they are like $3,000 and up.. One day... One day.......

Attachments

• IMG_8245.jpg
    IMG_8245.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_8181.jpg
    IMG_8181.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_8197.jpg
    IMG_8197.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_8187.jpg
    IMG_8187.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_8225.jpg
    IMG_8225.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 156
I´m a Classic Doctor Who fan, unfortunately since RTV left Ku, I don´t watch it anymore. However I´ve found a lot of classic Doctor Who episodes on line.

Yep, I know, and not only that articles says they will air 489 episodes, but when RTV was still in Ku, they kept airing the same 20 Lassie episodes. :rolleyes:

BTW, one of the projects I have planned for this summer is to build a full size TARDIS, full scale, 100% accurate in every detail for my back yard. Lights and all.
I want to put sound effects in it so it randomly plays it’s classic sound and lights up. I’m going to make it out of cement board so it will last forever and won’t blow over in storms.
I’ll keep my gardening stuff in it.

My dad, is certain I have lost my mind.
He may be right but I don’t care.

You definitely have to post pictures if you build that, I think a Tardis in the back yard would be awesome! :)

Which sucked, because there are like 597 Lassie episodes from 20 years of broadcasts.

Exactly, and they kept airing those 20 from the Timmy years. Last time I checked on Lassie (watching on internet since that is nowadays my only option) they were airing an episode from the Jeff years, but it was the same stuff RTV was airing before they aired their 20 episodes from the Timmy years. Oh well, at least it was free and I enjoyed it as much as I was able to while it was on Ku. ;)

More info released by RetroTV on Doctor Who:

http://www.myretrotv.com/news/retro-tv-announces-launch-date-for-classic-doctor-who

Chattanooga, Tenn. (July 10, 2014) – Luken Communications is excited to announce the highly-anticipated debut of Doctor Who on Retro TV on Monday, August 4th. Beginning with the very first episode of the series, “An Unearthly Child,” fans of the science fiction classic can find two episodes of Doctor Who back-to-back every weeknight at 8:00 PM ET/PT on Retro TV.

DRCars

I have all of them that are available but I've been watching some on rtv now too, the past week. It been a while since I've watched the Hartnell and Troughton episodes.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)