Clear TV

I saw this last night and I still roll when I see this. Its comical

I saw a new part. They say "if you have a DVD recorder you can turn in that DVR to the cable company. Just hook ClearTV to your DVD recorder and record your free over the air shows"

There are very few DVD recorders with a digital tuner. The one I have has a analog tuner but not digital

YOu can still find them witha digital tuner. I was unawre they could offera tuner that was anolog only. I guess they the product.really ae cheapening

So today in the Sunday Paper insert (Parade Magazine) they have a 1/2 page thing for Clear TV

Attachments

• PICT0012.JPG
    PICT0012.JPG
    826.6 KB · Views: 180
  • PICT0011.JPG
    PICT0011.JPG
    887.1 KB · Views: 165
I like the clever wording in the ad... Watch hundreds of shows. Yeah if you get a few channels I am sure you could watch hundreds of shows. It looks like they are trying to sound like hundreds of channels.

for me, the MOST misleading (and well written this way for legal reasons, I bet)...part of the commercial is when the host says, "IF we're out here receiving broadcast TV" as he sits on a boat, yet the obvious "simulated reception" message is there, and the word IF is used, which means they're NOT doing what they're saying! Bet many folks believe what they see and waste their money.

I'll never forget a segment of class we had in 8th grade on advertising...and things to be wary-of. It's amazing what some companies try to pull through creative writing.

A fool and his money are soon parted has never been truer than in todays internet market. Hopefully a few of those idiots will have enough interest left to invest in a real OTA antenna and prove to their neighbors there really is still FREE TV and it is worth watching.

Still, given most Americans live in cities near broadcast towers where almost any antenna will work, this device will indeed work for most people. Who knows if it is better than the rabbit ears that came with the set or not...

I don't know if placement can be bought here but it's in the #1 Best Sellers position at asseenontv.com .:eek:

Interesting. The customers at my store love the ASOTV crap. I'll have to shoot a message to my district manager. I'll make a display of Clear TV's, Rabbit TV's, and RCA rabbit ears that we always carry. It'd be even more interesting to see how many return the Clear TV for the rabbit ears.

Interesting. The customers at my store love the ASOTV crap. I'll have to shoot a message to my district manager. I'll make a display of Clear TV's, Rabbit TV's, and RCA rabbit ears that we always carry. It'd be even more interesting to see how many return the Clear TV for the rabbit ears.

Maybe put out a box of paperclips in the display and put a sign saying ultra cheap antennas on it.

Maybe put out a box of paperclips in the display and put a sign saying ultra cheap antennas on it.
With a sign "Soon to be SEEN ON TV". (can't lie)
It's like I believe, most city dwellers and a lot 'further out' today don't know that OTA even exists today. That was something grandpa and grandma had. "It's different today'(mindset) Gullibility rears it's head, as they(the younger generation) have been bombarded with commercials delivered via cable, satellite, and now the interweb. A real news paper? On their 'last gasp'. More heavily laden with adverts to try and stay afloat as subscriptions have fallen. The 'younger generation' doesn't subscribe, they're not interested with news, but what their Facebook friends post. (Whoops - got way off subject)
OTA, by the way, is only a few key clicks from being scrambled. It's a 'built in' feature of all the commercial encoder/modulators I have seen the specs on. It will happen, given the 'current economic course', and only a matter of time, IMHO.
Think about all the jobs that will create - A whole new market- For some time there will be OTA STB descramblers until 'built in' is commonplace. Overseas manufacturing. On shore distribution and sales. Installation technicians. Billing, marketing, and computer techs to keep the billing software running. WOW.

With a sign "Soon to be SEEN ON TV". (can't lie)
It's like I believe, most city dwellers and a lot 'further out' today don't know that OTA even exists today. That was something grandpa and grandma had. "It's different today'(mindset) Gullibility rears it's head, as they(the younger generation) have been bombarded with commercials delivered via cable, satellite, and now the interweb. A real news paper? On their 'last gasp'. More heavily laden with adverts to try and stay afloat as subscriptions have fallen. The 'younger generation' doesn't subscribe, they're not interested with news, but what their Facebook friends post. (Whoops - got way off subject)
OTA, by the way, is only a few key clicks from being scrambled. It's a 'built in' feature of all the commercial encoder/modulators I have seen the specs on. It will happen, given the 'current economic course', and only a matter of time, IMHO.
Think about all the jobs that will create - A whole new market- For some time there will be OTA STB descramblers until 'built in' is commonplace. Overseas manufacturing. On shore distribution and sales. Installation technicians. Billing, marketing, and computer techs to keep the billing software running. WOW.

Not to turn this subject, as there is multiple threads on this already. But, if Aereo wins their case, that might be real soon, or the death of OTA altogether...

Not to turn this subject, as there is multiple threads on this already. But, if Aereo wins their case, that might be real soon, or the death of OTA altogether...

I think the death of OTA would take years even if the broadcasters wanted to end it quickly. There are a lot of affiliates that have contracts with the networks.

for me, the MOST misleading (and well written this way for legal reasons, I bet)...part of the commercial is when the host says, "IF we're out here receiving broadcast TV" as he sits on a boat, yet the obvious "simulated reception" message is there, and the word IF is used, which means they're NOT doing what they're saying! Bet many folks believe what they see and waste their money.

The whole ad is just hilarious. But some people are probably fascinated with it and how it "works".....but those people probably arent on boards like satelliteguys :)

A fool and his money are soon parted has never been truer than in todays internet market. Hopefully a few of those idiots will have enough interest left to invest in a real OTA antenna and prove to their neighbors there really is still FREE TV and it is worth watching.

I hate to say it but where I am it probably **does** work....but then again I'm about 2 miles from the towers now :)
I did put up my HBU22 (yes the one that was in the closet when I was in the apartment) on the roof. My neighbor, who is OTA only, thought you didnt need that anymore. He has a indoor antenna.

hey now there is an idea. Being 2 miles from the towers maybe that would work

It works farther away than that. I hung a set at one of my restaurants and had to wait a week for the cable to be installed. I used a paperclip and got 2 locals, towers about 5 miles away. The 2 stations of course 30 miles away did not work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts