CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Trust me, if you were to replace a legitimate news organization with a right wing hit blog you'd just piss off your customer.

Also, I understand that Blaze has to pay to even be on Dish Network. Is that true?

The Blaze is paid for carriage. NewsMax pays to be on Dish Network.

Has anyone cancelled their Dish Service over this Time Warner Channel removal?

It took years but Dish has finally stopped trying to get me back. I dropped them as of the next time my contract was up after they dropped my favorite channels from Voom. I don't forgive and forget. Then they dropped ALL New York area RSN's. Heck, it was about 1976 that McDonald's served me a cup of coffee that did not please my taste buds. I never had another cup of coffee from there ever since. I order 2 milks with breakfast instead.

Gee; I thought MacDonalds coffee was pretty good.
Are you slowly going blind and have hairy palms too?

No and no. :eek: My eyesight is slowly getting better, and I'm remarkably free of body hair. It does like to grow out my nose and ears, though. :cryingNow you know more than you ever wanted to know about my body.

OK, that was so far off-topic, I can't even believe it. What we're discuussing here is the loss of Turner stations, what Dish substituted, and what any of us know (which is nothing) about the negotiations and when the stations will bed back.

Reactions: space86
It took years but Dish has finally stopped trying to get me back. I dropped them as of the next time my contract was up after they dropped my favorite channels from Voom. I don't forgive and forget. Then they dropped ALL New York area RSN's. Heck, it was about 1976 that McDonald's served me a cup of coffee that did not please my taste buds. I never had another cup of coffee from there ever since. I order 2 milks with breakfast instead.
The problem with that thinking, Mcdonald's has had some of the best coffee for years now.

Anyone with Dish Latino, what did Dish substitute for CNN Español?

Playboy En Espanol ;)

JK

I think its FOROTV, whatever that is I'm not latino, but Latino DOS is a better value for me for the English channels, and the eye candy on the Latino channels.

Dish rep keeps saying they're fighting Turner for my rights.. but they keep raising prices
anyway on Feb every year. I already expect next Feb, I am going to see another increase
on my bill for the doing nothing.

I don't understand why Dish is forcing their customers to go thru this inconvenience.
This is nuts.. and does not make business sense.

Reactions: Benyth and gdstout
Dish's response would be, yes, there will almost always be a price increase but not as much if we hadn't "fought" the programmers and gave in to their demands.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Personally I'm working on doing some decreasing here.

I've looked at my recordings and there are very, very few of them coming from the premium channels at all. I've said I like the boxing and original series on SHO and HBO, but at what price? Seems to be very expensive the more I think about it.

In the end it looks like I'll go to the T200 and on rare occasions kick in HBO to mass record a series I'm really interested in. Let the other premiums go punt.

If it wasn't for wanting BBCA, I'd back down to the T120.

Sent from my 23-n010 using Tapatalk

Reactions: brejust
I don't understand why Dish is forcing their customers to go thru this inconvenience.

You have it backwards. It's not Dish forcing you, it's Turner. Turner wants a bigger increase than what Dish feels is reasonable. If Dish agreed to what Turner wants, your bill would go up even more.

Dish rep keeps saying they're fighting Turner for my rights.. but they keep raising prices
anyway on Feb every year. I already expect next Feb, I am going to see another increase
on my bill for the doing nothing.

They just upped the price for america's everthing package by 3 dollars a month

I've looked at my recordings and there are very, very few of them coming from the premium channels at all. I've said I like the boxing and original series on SHO and HBO, but at what price? Seems to be very expensive the more I think about it.

In the end it looks like I'll go to the T200 and on rare occasions kick in HBO to mass record a series I'm really interested in. Let the other premiums go punt.

Hbo is going to do internet streaming next year for 15 dollars a month, I might just drop dish I am subscribed to their america's everything package. Dish makes billions of dollars a year, they should stop taking away channels and then re-adding them. Settle with turner already they cut sleuth and that pissed me off. hmm

Gee; I thought MacDonalds coffee was pretty good.

No and no. :eek: My eyesight is slowly getting better, and I'm remarkably free of body hair. It does like to grow out my nose and ears, though. :cryingNow you know more than you ever wanted to know about my body.

OK, that was so far off-topic, I can't even believe it. What we're discuussing here is the loss of Turner stations, what Dish substituted, and what any of us know (which is nothing) about the negotiations and when the stations will bed back.
Dish makes money and do not care about their customers, not first time I have lost channels from dish shame on them.

Dish is not the only ones who do this. Directv lost Viacom, TWC lost CBS, ATT I beleive lost AMc for a brief period. Everyone is affected

Reactions: Tampa8

That is the only channel I keep top 200 around for too. I only use it for Dr. Who and I like to watch Grahmn Norton on Saturday nights. So two shows and I spend another $15.00 a month to watch them. I need to find a way to cheaply stream these two shows and pay just for them when I need them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)