Comet TV

They own WSHM
WBSF they run. Cunningham owns it (shell company)
WEYI they run too. Howard silk holdings owns it.

That's how they get around it. They legally only own one station.
don't worry by the end of next year that won't be possible due to FCC Rules

So, sounds like I can count on it being on WSMH-66.

Sinclair did a good job on this new diginet so far. Kudos to them. The first week lineup looks great.

Lots of "Outer Limits", I'm excited. Right now I only get Outer Limits, late on Sunday Nights on THIS.
I will definitely be watching this channel a lot.

I have not seen "Species" yet and its coming on 11/7.

Reactions: localclassictvfan
News article about Cincy adding it on the My station (Sinclair owned)

http://wvxu.org/post/new-sci-fi-comet-channel-lands-here-oct-31

The new Comet sci-fi channel premieres here Oct. 31 on a new WSTR-TV digital signal, Channel 64.3.

Reruns of “Stargate SG-1” and “Outer Limits” will air on Comet, jointly owned by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and the Sinclair Television Group, which operates WSTR-TV and WKRC-TV.

The 24-hour network will feature “a mix of science fiction, fantasy and adventure fan-favorite titles from MGM” including the “Poltergeist” and “Dead Like Me” TV series, according to the Comet announcement.

Reactions: localclassictvfan
no sh*t since both are sinclair stations

Again Sinclair claims it will be on in all of their markets at launch

Yeah I already know what SBG said....
I wanna see if Zuus sticks around or gets the pink slip......

I can see Sinclair dropping ZUUS and replacing it with Comet on WCVG 24.2 and leaving WVTV 18.3 for some future diginet (subchannel).

Last edited:
I sent an email to WSMH asking if they were going to launch this sub channel. Hopefully I'll get an answer soon.
I probably should'nt even begin getting in your business but I hope that Sinclair drops Zuus and keeps GetTV. Now that is just my opinion since I am able to get GetTV out of Baton Rouge and happen to like movies 25 years my Senior. Anyway I hope it all works out for you in the long run.....

I am interested to see which subchannel Sinclair drops off KTUL for Comet, especially since one is owned by Luken Communications (RTV)......
a weather station or RTV.....hmmmmm
Unless there is a contract my money is on RTV (the weather there would be no contract as its a locally produced sub)