Coming back to Dish - Some questions

samalex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Waco, Texas
Hi all,

After being a cable cutter for about two years we're moving back to Dish. We got an offer in the mail I'd like to take advantage of, but I have some questions to bounce to the group.

I'm looking at a Dish offer that's saying the America's Top 200 is $39.99 for 12 months, but I want to see exactly what this details or what we'd pay each month. We already have a dish on the house installed four years ago with I believe three LNB's, and the wiring is all still in place to our living room. The ad says we get a 'Free Hopper Upgrade', so what does this detail? Ideally we want a Hopper and Joey, but is there any advantage to getting the Super Joey instead? Also with the $39.99 subscription, one Hopper, one Joey (super joey?), and HD For Life with auto debit payment what type of monthly bill am I looking at?

Also this offer has a $200 gift card, so how long does that normally take to come in?

I also read about Netflix coming to Dish. Is this here yet? Or is there anything I need to ask for, like a second generation box or something like that? And finally what do I need to do for the Dish Anywhere? Is this built into the Hopper, or do I need to get a Sling? We used to have the VIP 722 when we had Dish before, and the Sling was extra.

Thanks in advance for your feedback and support. Take care.
Sam

Update: I'm adding pictures of the ad just to satisfy my paranoia that this is legit from Dish.

Attachments

• IMG_20141230_192258755_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20141230_192258755_HDR.jpg
    523.8 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_20141230_192317325_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20141230_192317325_HDR.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_20141230_193615377.jpg
    IMG_20141230_193615377.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_20141230_193836414.jpg
    IMG_20141230_193836414.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Reactions: space86
Netflix app is on Hopper With Built in Sling, and slinging is free. I believe after the price increase, AT200 is going to be $69.99 or $74.99... that range. Depending on the offer you are looking at, I would guess the average is 6-8 weeks after processing(most are not automatic and you have to go to a website to 'enroll' for it.

Also, the SJ will give two extra tuners, so you would have a total of 5, for your HWS/SJ setup, compared to just 3 with a HWS/Joey.

Also the promo I"m looking at is for $200 with promo code W7 where I call 855-480-4896. Can someone verify this is legit? It's $200 compared to $150 on the Dish website. I just didn't see this listedo nthe Dish website or anywhere else.

If not on the website, likely a retailer . Is this an ad from the mail?

Yes, it came in from the mail, but it looks totally legit and everything shows it's from Dish. I was wondering if someone else had some way to verify this is legit since they're offering $200 instead of $150 like the DIsh website.

It is a common ad. Look at the very bottom, in the fine print, do you see a name such as DishOne, or DishDirect, or InfinityDish? Better, can you scan it and post?

It is a common ad. Look at the very bottom, in the fine print, do you see a name such as DishOne, or DishDirect, or InfinityDish? Better, can you scan it and post?
I just added pictures of the ad to my original post. Sorry the pics are a little blurry.Everything on it says Dish Network.

I should've flipped the card over, it jus says:
Act now and receive a $200 DISH Prepaird Card. Just call this dedicated number today! 1-855-480-4896. Must mention Promotional Code W7 when ordering. Requires qualifying Dish Activation. This card is for illustration purposes only and has no cash value. See letter for complete details and restrictions. (C) 2014 Dish Network LLC All Rights Reserved.

Guess itw ould've been quicker to scan the thing in too.

It looks like DishOne ads but I can't see their logo anywhere. They are majority owned by Dish though... Just tag a $49.95 activation fee
I can't read the fine print but if you see that anywhere on the ad, it's a retailer.

I don't see anything about DishOne. I called the number, and it says Dish Network. They even said they found an account with my number and it spelt the first part of my last name. So if it's not legit they know who I am and they're advertising themselves as Dish. I also took a better pic of the fine print and posted it ot the original post. It definitely says DIsh Network LLC.

Update: I added a pic of the back of the card too.

Dish literally has 100's of numbers... I wouldnt rule that out jsut yet.... Best bet, PM @JasonS@DISH or @MattG@ DISH NETWORK , and they have a rolodex they can run the number through on their system.

It was legit, I just called and got signed-up. Cool... Sorry for all the paranoia, just given they ask for SSN I just wanted to be sure. Thanks to a referral code got $50 off first month and a $200 gift card to boot!

Welcome back. You will love the Hopper(HWS). Once it is installed, you will be able to order the ota dongle. It may take a couple of days for everything to download to the Hopper. Get a usb hub and you can connect 2 ehd's and the ota dongle to the Hopper.
Keep us informed.

It was legit, I just called and got signed-up. Cool... Sorry for all the paranoia, just given they ask for SSN I just wanted to be sure. Thanks to a referral code got $50 off first month and a $200 gift card to boot!

It isn't paranoia, as you obviously know there are scams everywhere. Sounds like you got a nice deal.

Reactions: Yespage
You are wise to be wary. There's lots of less than reputable deals out there for those that don't check things out. Of course you will always get help here.
I agree. I forgot to say it early on, but I have always told customers that they should try and know as many details before hand, for the best experience possible. How many people are holding out on buying 4K, not only because of the price, but also to get more information??