Completed my install :)

It should, I was able to hop back and forth from Hopper to Hopper (pun intended) on the install I did. Effectively lets the Joeys see all recordings.

Well, if I can easily select either Hopper from a Joey, then we're mostly set. My wife couldn't care less what's on "His" DVR, so sharing recordings between the Hoppers is FAR less important than being able to watch from either in the sunroom.

I'm home for lunch and tried linking my Joey to a different hopper and it worked. Just had to be done at the Joey. Very nice.

Yup, I played around a little on the 2H 4J install I did today. Just press the Blue button, go to Whole Home and you can pick which Hopper you want to link to. This means the Joeys can effectively see all content from both Hoppers, it's just not seamless yet.

Great tip! Got mine linked the way I prefer. This tip should be in a sticky Hoppy/Joey Tips thread.

I was finally able to pair my 922 remote to my Hopper. That worked great for me since I have a TV mirroed off of my basement Hopper.

Scherrman said:
I was finally able to pair my 922 remote to my Hopper. That worked great for me since I have a TV mirroed off of my basement Hopper.

Are you able to restore timers?

With a 2 Hopper, 4 Joey install: Are you to bring up each Hopper in turn before powering up the first Joey? Or should you do one Hopper and two Joeys, then the second Hopper and Joeys three and four? At what point should you call in to activate? Are you able to have Dish inactivate the old VIP receivers during the same call to activate the H/J systems?

Must do each Joey first before even connecting a Joey. Both Hoppers must be downloaded and activated first. When the Hoppers get to the point where it says call to activate, you can call to activate. When calling in you give then the numbers from the Hoppers and all the Joeys. Once the Hoppers are up and running with programming you can start connecting the Joeys one at a time.

Last edited:
How did you do it?

I honestly have no idea. I have 3 922 remotes and tried with all of them last night and they didn't work. I tried again tonight and for some reason the one decided to work. It was actually a TV2 remote. I took the tab out and switched it to TV1. Then I went into the system info screen on the Hopper and pressed the SAT button. It linked and surprised the crap out of me. I'm a happy camper now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)