Connecticut U VERSE Install

U-verse Channel Validation

Would you believe ?? I actually worked on the channel validation for this site in Wallingford, CT:) It was just before Thanksgiving. We tested out all 500 channels, tested the PIP, the music channels. We tested them for picture quality, sound quality, instant channel change. Boy, did I learn a lot.

I live in Wethersfield CT right of the silas deane highway but the U verse website says I can't get service? I thought they rolled it out the newington and wethersfield? I currently have AT&T DSL 3mb, At&T phone service and Directv. Do you think its worth looking into U verse or keep Directv with the anticipation that they will really roll out 100 national HD channels?

Scott,
Is AT&T still supporting you? The day I called to order it is the day they stopped taking new orders due to the DPCU, the Attorney Generals office and the Courts. I just hope they all can work it out soon before AT&T pulls all there U-verse equipment and leaves Connecticut. I have a VRAD at the end of my street (about 1/8 of a mile.
If you still have the service do you like it? If you don't did you like it? I was thinking of the U-200 to start.
Thanks for your input!!!
Lenny

I saw an AT&T truck working at the top of my street today and asked the person working on the lines when we would be seeing video in our area (Shelton, CT). He told me that that was what he was installing and we should see it offered to us in about two months. He verified that he had a work order to install lines on my street which is a dead end.

Now I am just concerned that their HD offerings will keep up with that offered by the satellite companies as to quality (I read earlier posts regarding HD quality) and if they will carry our favorite network (History, Discovery, Travel) in HD.

ChuckA

It's available here, but they haven't done a test on our line yet to see if we can get it (because the house across the street can, and so can the one next door, but not us!)

Ya know what I changed my mind. I want to do a dishmover to our vacation place that way we have something cool to watch during December ^_^

Portablity is one thing that U-Verse CANNOT do (and it costs the same anyway so bleh whatever)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)