Cooking Channel Coming to DISH

This blows because I am a big Emiril LeGasse fan and I watch him on Fine Living now. Maybe Bobby Flay will bring back the very early episodes where he was grilling alongside the red-neck in overalls! Those were funny shows to watch.

Hope they keep showing Three Sheets.!sadroll:D
Now you've done it! Where do you suppose the expression, "Three sheets to the wind" comes from? Most people claim it's nautical, but as a sailor since childhood, that explanation (for drunkenness) doesn't make sense.

Let's see...DIY is simply changing to the cooking channel, so there is actually nothing new for any provider, both providers are getting it, yet the headline states, "Cooking Channel Coming to Dish"

Let's see...DIY is simply changing to the cooking channel, so there is actually nothing new for any provider, both providers are getting it, yet the headline states, "Cooking Channel Coming to Dish"
Not necessarily... Fox Reality became NatGeo Wild in March.... yet Dish still continued to air the channel until April, and Direct is still airing it. I imagine preexisting contracts and such require that they continue airing the dead channel until the contract is completed or a new agreement is reached.... probably just set it on a loop and let it run. That was probably why Nick GAS stuck around forever on Dish, too.

I hope they put more of Paula Deen... normally i am not into old ladies but this one is different... Especially all the butter she adds to the food... :eek:

Color me confused,,,:confused:

I am with you on this one. Not even my favorite hyphy to standard New England English dictionary could help me . :)

On the Two Fat Ladies - bring it on. Though I could (would) not eat like that even 20 years ago, the show is so entertaining. The only sad part is that Jen's lifestyle led to her untimely death at 71.

"Three sheets to the wind" here.

And also here.
Ref 1-3 regarding windmills is the only one that holds water. ;) Yes, we all agree that, in nautical terminology, sheets are lines securing the sail. But "to the wind" has got to mean "toward the wind". Although the 2nd ref to 1821 has got to give us all pause to wonder what the words really meant back then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)