[COX] Hampton Roads, VA - Cox

my friend in Herdon, Va who has Cox has all the local channels up there in HD. Here in Hampton Roads, Va they only have PBs and CBS.

Well today Cox finally addes Fox and NBC HD channels to their lineup. Now they need to get ABCHD next.

When is Cox going to add these HD Channels

1)HGTV HD
2)NFL Network HD
3)Lifetime Movies HD
4)Wealth HD
5)National geographic Channel HD
6)Food HD

These channels are being offered or soon will be added to Verizon FIOS HD service.

I signed up for Verzon FIOS and will be getting installed on June 13. I have been having issues with Cox for the last year, so I decided to make the switch.

Will let you all know how Verizon FIOS is after my install.

I signed up for Verzon FIOS and will be getting installed on June 13. I have been having issues with Cox for the last year, so I decided to make the switch.

Will let you all know how Verizon FIOS is after my install.

I will likey be switching soon as well. Just have a few more questions I need answered.....

I need to find out if they have the Multi-room DVR available around here yet, and I want to be sure I can reatin my home network that I have wired in myself over the past 5 years. As long as thier modem has one output that I can plug into my router using CAT5 I will be good to go..

Also I see an option for DirecTV and one ofr FIOS TV...are they different?? Looks like they have the exact same equipment that I have from Cox now as far as the Motorola DVR.

I am not sure where they will install all thier equip. either. I don't have any available electric outlets for the battery backup near where all the wiring presently comes into the house. Also how will they do an install on an interior wall, as I think the TV requires a CAT5 cable as well as the standard Coax... Let me know what they do for your hook up. Tomorrow is your lucky day!! Where do you live at?? I am in Chesapeake, and they have not oficially let me sign up for the install yet. I guess they have a couple of trunk lines to run still.

I need to find out if they have the Multi-room DVR available around here yet, and I want to be sure I can reatin my home network that I have wired in myself over the past 5 years. As long as thier modem has one output that I can plug into my router using CAT5 I will be good to go..

Also I see an option for DirecTV and one ofr FIOS TV...are they different?? Looks like they have the exact same equipment that I have from Cox now as far as the Motorola DVR.

I am not sure where they will install all thier equip. either. I don't have any available electric outlets for the battery backup near where all the wiring presently comes into the house. Also how will they do an install on an interior wall, as I think the TV requires a CAT5 cable as well as the standard Coax... Let me know what they do for your hook up. Tomorrow is your lucky day!! Where do you live at?? I am in Chesapeake, and they have not oficially let me sign up for the install yet. I guess they have a couple of trunk lines to run still.

When I got installed with Fios, they didn't run Cat 5 cable for my internet. Everything was connected on the outside of the house using the coax cables.

As for the DVR its very similar to Cox. I did noticed that the sound is constant volume when it switched from program to advertisement unlike Cox.

New hd channels Aug 20th

Cox Hampton Roads will launch New HD on Aug 20th 2009 >>>
August 20th
On August 20th, the following channels will be available to all Cox HD subscribers, including those living in York County and James City County, who have not been upgraded under the network upgrade plan. Customers will need the appropriate level of service and an HD receiver or CableCARD.

Pay Per View Events Channel HD – channel 701
The Weather Channel HD – channel 724
Encore HD – channel 810 (Movie tier)
MLB Network HD – channel 814 (Discovery tier)
Fox Business Channel HD – channel 818 (Sports & Information tier)
Bio HD – channel 828 (Sports & Information tier)
NBA TV HD – channel 833 (Sports & Information tier)

August 27th
Project EON upgrade work will be complete in York County, allowing Cox customers to have access to up to 24 additional HD channels. This will impact high definition customers in York County, Bethel Manor, USCG Training Station and Yorktown Naval Weapons Station:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts