Crap antenna installed

darthsammy said:
my zip is 23139, about 15 miles from antenna farm fox,abc,cbs. afew more to nbc 2 degees angle diference. and upn is sort of ld 20 degrees or so further off angle from the 1st farm. lotsa trees in my yard also. antenna guide suggest red code. thank you for any help you can give, sam

Sam ,
from what i can see from your zip code the sensor II should work just fine for you. That is if it is adjusted right beings that you are only 15 miles away it should work good the only channel i can see that you should get with it would be PBS everything else is in the same location. your antenna should be set at 109* orientation. cause all your station are there in one spot.

TYORK said:
Sam ,
from what i can see from your zip code the sensor II should work just fine for you. That is if it is adjusted right beings that you are only 15 miles away it should work good the only channel i can see that you should get with it would be PBS everything else is in the same location. your antenna should be set at 109* orientation. cause all your station are there in one spot.

thanx. i wish the instaless guy had left it here but oh well. i see the farm everyday its right behind the body shop i work at.lol

Vicki said:
ROFL!! :D :cool: Still on the floor...was able to reach keyboard to type this, but laughing continues...hope to be up by tomorrow!! ;)

Also hope you get your problems fixed! :D

glad i could make you smile. we all should smile in hd.
we should all pool our change jars and buy out voom and echostar. can everyone we dont desire and all have new careers.

darthsammy said:
i assure you i am not bi-polar nor am i omni or multi directional
i have never had relations with a polar bear {male or female}
although the one chick bear in the x-mas coke ads sparked some interest so i might be hetro-polar.

i have been using multple computers at work to uh-work with.
and i jest kant tipe gud. i dont need no capitalizing neither
im also a newbie to the forum and voom. so ive learented jest inuf to hurt my self. and piss off my fiance. no ota for whatever she wants to watch. and shes mexican american.
i hope this post explains a little. sorry its so long. im at work. i have more time on my hands. no hdtv here. but im working on it.
Polar Bears are good. But you gotta push them into the cold water first.

When they crawl out, let's just say, the available orifices are kinda drawn up and tighter.

You may also want to check out Dolphins. The other white meat. ;)

http://www.sexwork.com/family/dolphins1.html

You got any pics of your wife that you can post? Preferably nude. Latin chicks are HOT!!!!!!!!!! :D

O. aND gOOD lUCK gETTING yOUR tELEBISION fIXED!!!

darthsammy said:
thanx. i wish the instaless guy had left it here but oh well. i see the farm everyday its right behind the body shop i work at.lol

call them for a service call and tell them you want a different installer to try the sensor II if you get the right installer i am sure they will get it

Did some playing with antennaweb, and it looks like i should get CBS, (which I don't with the sensar II).

Antenna web said i should receive CBS-DT in the yellow zone, not true or I would already have it.

So I called tech support and told them that I played with antenna web and it says that I should get something that I don't already. They obliged and scheduled an installer to come out and upgrade my antenna on the 15th.

I specifically requested a direction UHF, I am hoping for a channelmaster 4228.

jim the preamp on the sensor is powered only if you use the diplexer. if you want to run 2 separate lines you have to use a power inseater. I am in the same area as you and had the same problem. I bought a wineguard for about 15$ online,whuch seemed better than another service call. Also what is your signal strength which should of been the first question asked around here

jason1234 said:
jim the preamp on the sensor is powered only if you use the diplexer. if you want to run 2 separate lines you have to use a power inseater. I am in the same area as you and had the same problem. I bought a wineguard for about 15$ online,whuch seemed better than another service call. Also what is your signal strength which should of been the first question asked around here

Where are you jason. I am in Prunedale. I have a Line of site straight to Fremont peak from my roof, its about 8 miles from here.

I emailed my installer a few days ago and he emailed me back that he is going to purchase a 4228 for the work order. I also am thinking about purchasing a rotator and having him install that as well.

jacob (not jim, its jm, initials)

No OTA for me

I had Voom installed today. I've been a long time E* subscriber and wanted HD. The installer while nice, was not very knowledgeable about Voom. He left before the boxes were finished downloading and left all of the receiver boxes on floor where he opened them. Of course after the download, I had no local stations, not all of my subscription channels were working and one receiver kept blinking on and off. I called Voom and a very nice tech walked me through a few things. The call was certainly an upgrade from E* as it would take forever getting through to them. We got the one receiver working but no such luck with the locals. I had to schedule another appointment. I received an email from Voom already confirming the service call (another nice touch). Curiously it is scheduled with a different company than the install company. I do love the picture but my children are not too happy with me about not getting locals until next week.

tinman said:
I had Voom installed today. I've been a long time E* subscriber and wanted HD. The installer while nice, was not very knowledgeable about Voom. He left before the boxes were finished downloading and left all of the receiver boxes on floor where he opened them. Of course after the download, I had no local stations, not all of my subscription channels were working and one receiver kept blinking on and off. I called Voom and a very nice tech walked me through a few things. The call was certainly an upgrade from E* as it would take forever getting through to them. We got the one receiver working but no such luck with the locals. I had to schedule another appointment. I received an email from Voom already confirming the service call (another nice touch). Curiously it is scheduled with a different company than the install company. I do love the picture but my children are not too happy with me about not getting locals until next week.

he knew that you were not getting locals before he left cause when the boxes are first activated your local pop in first then you have to turn to channel 100 and leave it there until the download finshed. And he should have took the empty boxes.

Sorry about your locals...

tinman said:

...and the boxes on the floor...my first installer was a jerk, and he left my boxes plus what looked like boxes from a couple of other installs laying on the far side of my driveway! But I was so busy looking at the pretty pictures (when they didn't break up because he didn't point the dish correctly) that I didn't even get off the couch to go out front and get my mail for about two or three days! :yikes :eek: My neighbors are very genteel people, and while I wish someone had called me to complain about living next door to Tobacco Road, no one did! :eek: :eek:

I'm hopeful that your experience with the tech, the email confirmation of your service call (although it's a shame you have to have one), and the different installation company are all signs of the NEW VOOM we've heard about taking shape today! :D Good luck with your kids in the meantime...hope they don't get too cranky...I've got to have my locals, too, so I sympathize with them!! :) Vicki

TYORK said:
he knew that you were not getting locals before he left cause when the boxes are first activated your local pop in first then you have to turn to channel 100 and leave it there until the download finshed. And he should have took the empty boxes.

Thank you for the explanation although now knowing this makes me kind of mad. I thought he should have took the the boxes as well. This was a huge difference from when I moved a few years ago and had an installer move my then existing satellite. I recommended E* to my sister and she had it installed a few weeks ago and had a very courteous installer that actually came back a few hours after that install because she encountered a problem. It was user error on her end but the guy was still nice enough to come back and it was a Saturday and into the evening hours.

With all of that said, I am starting to enjoy V* and love the picture quality although it may be because I'm tired but I seem to have a harder time viewing the V* channel guide as opposed to E*'s on my bedroom TV which is non-HD and is 27". Must be a sign of getting old.

Vicki said:
...and the boxes on the floor...my first installer was a jerk, and he left my boxes plus what looked like boxes from a couple of other installs laying on the far side of my driveway! But I was so busy looking at the pretty pictures (when they didn't break up because he didn't point the dish correctly) that I didn't even get off the couch to go out front and get my mail for about two or three days! :yikes :eek: My neighbors are very genteel people, and while I wish someone had called me to complain about living next door to Tobacco Road, no one did! :eek: :eek:

I'm hopeful that your experience with the tech, the email confirmation of your service call (although it's a shame you have to have one), and the different installation company are all signs of the NEW VOOM we've heard about taking shape today! :D Good luck with your kids in the meantime...hope they don't get too cranky...I've got to have my locals, too, so I sympathize with them!! :) Vicki

Thanks Vicki :) As you can see from my last post, I am liking it. My daughter has come around and is enjoying it. My son on the other hand wants to cancel it :( Oh well. Can't please them all. I did keep an E* box going for now for just such emergencies. The customer service did remind me of a young E*. They were really great to deal with about 7 years ago or so.

Voom really needs to get a distant network system together. I have no way of getting ABC, (so i still keep DTV), and of course because no DVR yet.

Also, all boxes got left on my driveway. I have come to expect this, as every installer I've had (even from DTV) has always left their trash.

I am a contractor, but would never do such a thing.

Guess I was lucky,installer did not leave any mess,he was a sub himself.Being that I am a Landscape designer/installer and the yard of course shows this,and being in the "working" class may of had something to do with it.Also offered things that I would apperciate(and that very rarely happens) like water-coffee etc. may also contribute

tinman said:
Thanks Vicki :) As you can see from my last post, I am liking it. My daughter has come around and is enjoying it. My son on the other hand wants to cancel it :( Oh well. Can't please them all. I did keep an E* box going for now for just such emergencies. The customer service did remind me of a young E*. They were really great to deal with about 7 years ago or so.
Glad you're enjoying it and that your daughter came around! :) Your son will probably come around, too, once you get your OTA. :D

jmhunter83 said:
Voom really needs to get a distant network system together. I have no way of getting ABC, (so i still keep DTV), and of course because no DVR yet.

Also, all boxes got left on my driveway. I have come to expect this, as every installer I've had (even from DTV) has always left their trash.

I am a contractor, but would never do such a thing.
I don't understand much about it yet, but maybe the DMA rollout will solve your problem?? :confused: Not for the DVR, of course, but hopefully that will be resolved soon, too! :) I wouldn't have minded so much if he had just told me I needed to get rid the boxes myself (and if they had all been mine!) !sadroll And I definitely appreciate contractors like youself who would never do such a thing! :clap :bow

branchbouncer said:
Guess I was lucky,installer did not leave any mess,he was a sub himself.Being that I am a Landscape designer/installer and the yard of course shows this,and being in the "working" class may of had something to do with it.Also offered things that I would apperciate(and that very rarely happens) like water-coffee etc. may also contribute
My late husband worked for Pacific Gas & Electric, and I was always very greatful when he would come home and tell me of a homeowner who was kind enough to offer ice water, soda or a cold beer in the summer or a hot cup of coffee or chocolate in the winter! :D :D Because of that, I have always made it a point to return the favor to somebody's husband, wife or child, when they come to my home to work (even that first installer, who was acting like a jerk before he even got inside)! :mad: But I will admit, I only offered him ice water! :p Vicki

So they initially approved my antenna upgrade, and now according to my installer they emailed him that the antenna upgrade was not approved.

jmhunter83 said:
So they initially approved my antenna upgrade, and now according to my installer they emailed him that the antenna upgrade was not approved.

call voom again and let them know what the installer said they will send them back out.

TYORK said:
in the installer defense this is the standard antenna for voom they work pretty good and yeah you are right it is the same antenna they use on a rv. Not sure how may boxes you had put in but if you had at least 3 i can tell you that shipments from voom have be sending out the multi-switch that are no powered so they want work with this but he should have brought on to fix it why he was there.
this is probably why the antenna didn't work out for my installer. He couldn't make it work so we just used the non-amplified OTA antenna I had installed previously which worked out nice. I'm getting 94+ signal on all of the locals.

Shawn

Shawn95GT said:
this is probably why the antenna didn't work out for my installer. He couldn't make it work so we just used the non-amplified OTA antenna I had installed previously which worked out nice. I'm getting 94+ signal on all of the locals.

Shawn

this could be true. but if yours is working take it and run cause some people are not that lucky, And at least you let him try you antenna most people will not let us use there existing antenna they want the new one put up no matter what.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts