CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Good show last night. I enjoyed the Matrix-like opening and I loved watching Laurence Fishburne's character get physical when he knocked someone through the office glass. To be honest, I hope the writers give his character Dr. Langston a pair of steel balls and a quickly temper this season. Last year his character was a whimp and I feel it had a negative impact on the entire show. In fact, his character reminded me of his role of Dr. Larabee that he played in the movie Akeelah and the Bee. We would much rather see him kick-down doors, grab suspects by the scruff of the neck, and administer a wood shampoo while conducting a knuckles interrogation. So far, the writers have made strides in improving his image.

My biggest heartache with the season premiere is why and the heck do these bad guys continue to have free reign to walk into a police building, with weapons mind you, and conduct a shoot 'em up? Hasn't anyone heard of a metal detector or the concept of chain of custody when handling forensic evidence? Yikes!

So,
according to the report Cat read; Riley left due to lack of leadership and chemistry on the team.
Isn't that the same reason why a lot of people stopped watching the show after Gris left?

Last edited:
Thanks!

It's not that big, but I like to go into the show not knowing what happened :)

My travel schedule sucks so it's usually a week later before I comment :(

Today is gonna be DVR day with my wife, we have 19 events on the EHD from last week.

Thanks!

It's not that big, but I like to go into the show not knowing what happened :)

My travel schedule sucks so it's usually a week later before I comment :(

Today is gonna be DVR day with my wife, we have 19 events on the EHD from last week.

Only 19?

S~

Well, I knocked out 5 on Friday, and the slingbox allowed me to knock out 5 during the week while I was gone. :)

Since next week is really getting up to speed, I currently have 33 weekly times :(

Any time someone posts with events about the show they should use them. Then, when you are ready to read, you just click them away, its not hard.
But at what point do all the posts have to be nothing but Spoiler Tags? Especially since no one knows where someone might happen to be in watching episodes.

For example, should anything involving Delko on CSI:Miami be in spoiler tags since someone who hasn't seen the first episode doesn't know if he lived or not?

Last edited:
I completely understand why some people want spoiler tags to be used, but I personally think that makes so sense at all. I mean isn't the whole purpose of this thread is for the discussion of the show? How do we do that without talking about what happened in the most recent episodes? Now I understand that some people DVR the show and watch at a later time. I do that as well. But if I haven't seen the latest episode yet, then I stay away from this thread until I've had a chance to watch it because I don't want it to spoil the show for me.

If we can't discuss the shows after they air, then what's the point of these threads??

No spoiler tags necessary unless you want to use them. I used them over the summer to protect those that didn't want the upcoming season spoiled in advance. This forum is for the discussion of current episodes. If the episode is over, it's over. I am right now also behind on episodes due to a family emergency, so I haven't read the thread. I haven't read any of the threads in the regular networks forum.

Back to the discussion of CSI. I thought the premier was much better than the past few seasons. I think they will be able to keep it up. The upcoming storyline should keep it going.

S~

I thought last night's episode was very good. It seems they are on the right track. Fish seems much more confident. I like the tie back to Paul Milander from Season 2. The Dr. Jekyll storyline could be interesting this year. Who can tie the small intestines around the pancreas?

S~

I thought last night's episode was very good. It seems they are on the right track. Fish seems much more confident. I like the tie back to Paul Milander from Season 2. The Dr. Jekyll storyline could be interesting this year. Who can tie the small intestines around the pancreas?

S~

Good episode, just a little upset it was so predictable. I figured out the bad guy too easily and too early.

The serial killer possibility looks interesting.

Good episode, just a little upset it was so predictable. I figured out the bad guy too easily and too early.

The serial killer possibility looks interesting.

It was. Enjoyed the tie-in with season 2, though. I was more interested in the introduction to the serial killer.

S~

Jorja Fox extends 'CSI' return

The actress, who plays Sara Sidle on the CBS crime drama, originally quit the role in 2007 but announced plans to return to the show earlier this year.
Fox was slated to return for around five episodes, but Mendelsohn told Entertainment Weekly that a deal is being worked out which means she will be around on a more permanent basis
Source & More: digitalspy.com