D* or E*, who will have most national HD on 12/31/07, read text before voting please

Which DBS provider will have the most national HD channels by 12/31/07?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If there were 100 HD channels how many of these would be channels the average person would want to watch, I'm guessing 25 %.
Anyone else want to comment?

How many would the average person actually get? A lot of them are premium channels and most people will only see about 30 or so new channels by the end of the year.

Im going with Dish simply because Im believing that Direct will focus on sports hd while Dish will focus on all other forms of HD with some focus on sports.

Im going with Dish simply because Im believing that Direct will focus on sports hd while Dish will focus on all other forms of HD with some focus on sports.
OK, since request for votes and no comments necessary isn't working.

Van, my guidelines said to not include sports subscriptions and RSN in the counts, trying to keep it to general interest and movie type channels. With that said are you forgetting that HBO/Cineman and Starz announced that D* would be carrying a bunch of new HD channels from them this year with more from HBO coming next year, I don't recall E* saying that they'd carry all of those?

I don't care, I asked a mod via report this thread to close it du to all the usual verbage going on, not worth it.

I am more concerned with quality and features over quantity at this point-in-time, but I would have the say the numbers game is in favor of E* simply because of the VOOM channels. Offhand, I feel both E* and D* will be battling for 2nd place behind FiOS TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)