Designating 625 tuners for scheduled recording?

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I know that if you use Record Plus for a show that you hit RECORD for, you will get the option of which tuner to assign it to. But my experience is with scheduled recordings and Record Plus, you have to use the default tuner you set up. Any way to have a choice? Not figuring it out if there is. Thanks.

FYI, I am trying to eliminate having to go to each TV to schedule.

Record Plus sets the default tuner to use for scheduled recordings. I don't think is has anything to do with the ability to choose a tuner when you press the record button.

Here's the tricky part. If you set Record Plus to use TV2 as your default tuner you need to use the TV1 remote to set up timer recordings so it will automatically select TV1 if there is a conflict. Using the TV2 remote to schedule timers will always try to record on TV2. Vise versa if you set Record Plus to use TV1.

I know what you mean...I wish there was a way to select what tv to record on when setting a timer, but with a little pre-planning...it's not so bad. I just change my preferences before I set up the timer if I need to change the recording tuner.
(Menu>preferences>record plus) If you press record after a show starts...it asks you where you want to record it at! Why not ask when you set a timer too?

I ran across this last night as well. I have a DirecTivo and it is smart enough to use the other tuner before it screams conflict. I was very disappointed to see that the 625 does not have this capability. It is very annoying to have to go to the bedroom and schedule a recording because there is a conflict with tuner 1. I wonder if this could be fixed with a software change?

It does work this way if you enable record plus, but only if your default tuner is set to 2. This used to work perfectly, but ironically it was broken by a software update sometime over the summer of '05.

phat_bastard said:
It does work this way if you enable record plus, but only if your default tuner is set to 2. This used to work perfectly, but ironically it was broken by a software update sometime over the summer of '05.

I went to the 625 about 2 months ago. I have record plus activated and TV2 as the default. From TV1, everything that I record defaults to TV2. If there is a conflict, it automatically goes to TV1. I don't have to go back and forth between TV's to set up any recordings.

Bruce

Different phone number hooked up to account...

942 To 622 Via USB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)