Digital Breakup on 101 C Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hmmm, well that was interesting. I received an email notification of a new post to this thread about a problem with Laff but when I click on it and arrive at the thread, that post isn't here. :imconfused

Jeep, sorry about that. It was me. I deleted the thread after I had posted the same problem in another forum. Laff was doing something weird. I was watching Laff over the weekend and every little bit the screen would go black, come up "no service", and then come back on. The audio never dropped out and the signal stayed locked. Seemed like it did it every 20 minutes or so. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same thing.

Well, the channel id; vid; aid; freq. polarity fec symbol rate are all included on this threads island...please, i am camped on Canada now myself...... Paste them into it. I will get mine soon as one of them has to power up an lnb manual polarity I think the tuner is a sharp V7 chime/charm h.264 Your thread is about how their channels; FTA; laff; digitally lose lock/signal for just a little time; the look is not receiving "its part" of the slice; like unplugging one at the same time as plugging another one in; they do work on a system "live". How bout them power supplies? So, as they plug it into different equipment; or touch live wires in a System; it will blink then too. I like decades instead, myself. The c band satellite dish has lasted the longest of them all before and after dbs satellites; and shelter from the Wind.

..Back to our regularly scheduled thread...

Thought this was all stabilized...apparently mid afternoon it's not? Did many weekend adjustments,all other indications are that its not the "system"....
I had tried moving frequencies a bit on the TP and it looked VERY stable, but not today! Am I sharing this condition with other members?

You're fairly far north in the US and as we are only about 4 weeks from the Fall equinox is it possible that's what you're experiencing in mid-afternoon? There are a lot of variables so it may or may not be the case since it is 4 weeks out but dish size, angle, and latitude all fit into the equation. Just wondering.

It's been noted that the large dishes don't see the issue. Who would have thought the BV would not be "big enough" for this!
Still adjusting.
Checking on other sats as well for fine-tuning. Will report overall a bit later

You're fairly far north in the US and as we are only about 4 weeks from the Fall equinox is it possible that's what you're experiencing in mid-afternoon? There are a lot of variables so it may or may not be the case since it is 4 weeks out but dish size, angle, and latitude all fit into the equation. Just wondering.
I suppose anything is possible, but until that shadow is REALLY near where we're pointed in the dish, I won't go in that direction. Might be time to re-aim the commercial dish on the radio station's south property but wow...what a line THAT would be to get here! (but then, it used-to!!)

Once the dish is tweaked, it's tweaked all day, not just in the morning so, unless there is an uplink issue, (and it isn't solar) it's temperature affecting some component, and that usually means the LNB. What LNB are you using?

Titanium PLL. Same issue as older C/Ku LNB, but removed that LNB due to Ku side failure and most of my Ku comes from fixed dishes.

All other sats are stable. If others earlier in the thread didn't share the problem, I'd suspect T-I. Even disconnected and shut down a Verizon over the air repeater in my building with an antenna on the dish end of the studios. No change. Years ago, when I installed Birdview, now and then we'd fight a TI issue, even selling STS receivers that had a built in filter...but again, I don't think this is, (TI) because others have the same problems, varying due to their size of dish and quality of install and alignment. I appreciate the time folks are taking to respond, however!

99W, 83W, 103 W, 87 (with little to offer) all look good on this dish with excellent quality. Will button it up for the night and get at it again tomorrow.
Nice having the PLL LNB on!

Might sub in a different RECEIVER to check on stability...in case something's wonky...but that's a bit later...

Spoke to someone in the know this week and they indicated that the distribution transition was almost complete and H&I, Decades and Movies are expected to be gone from FTA before year's end. We knew this day was coming... Wouldn't wish any snags or snafus, but sure would be nice to keep them around a bit longer. ;)

Those were 3 good channels I enjoyed watching when I moved my dish. You never know something might happen when they switch to the internet and they might happen to move back to satellite that would be nice.

Spoke to someone in the know this week and they indicated that the distribution transition was almost complete and H&I, Decades and Movies are expected to be gone from FTA before year's end. We knew this day was coming... Wouldn't wish any snags or snafus, but sure would be nice to keep them around a bit longer. ;)

Well that's bad news. Glad I didn't buy another receiver just to get them. I've been watching them locally for a while now except for Movies channel that I watch on 99W. I think it was 2 years ago they said the Weigel feeds were going to end but never did.

Guess that it took longer to get their affiliate hardware updates done than originally estimated. Receive Movies! on OTA, but going to miss decades! :(

I noticed the HDVR3500 has a card slot in it. Is there anything a person could get by subscription using a card?

Right now I can get all three via OTA so not a big deal but as a trend it's worrisome.

Right now the only thing we get OTA is static. When everything went digital a few years ago, the local broadcast channels disappeared out where I live. Too many hills and mountains. Sitting at the bottom of a hill on the south side, everything broadcast comes in from the back side of the hill. Great exposure for satellite, lousy for OTA. I'll keep the trade off though.

Hopefully, Laff and the others don't go that way. I've got kind of used to having them around. Grit has a lot of westerns I like.

Status
Please reply by conversation.