Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives

I love pickles. I havn't been in a while, but Jack's Deli at Cedar & Green had some good ones. In the grocery store, Don Herman's/Nathan's half-sours should be tried by everyone...you'll never go back to vlasic.

Thanks for the tip. I have never been to Jacks, but heard about it. It's right down the street from me, so I'll have to give that a try too. As for the Nathan's pickles, I bought some the other week and they are excellent.

Guy Fieri's Coming to Town!

Guy Fieri, host of Food Network's Diner's, Drive-In's and Dives is coming to Cleveland!

In all, seven Cleveland restaurants will be featured in the coming months on the Food Network. He hasn't released all of the restaurants names yet, but one of them that was confirmed was Geraci's in University Heights! (My personal favorite place for Pizza in town).

I must admit I have mixed feelings about this news though. It's wonderful recognition on one hand, but I don’t want these restaurants to jump the shark. This publicity will make people come in droves just because it was on Triple-D. Where once I was able to enjoy a nice quaint meal, it will now be overfilled with a bunch of folks who had no idea these places existed beforehand. I don’t want it to get overcrowded and risk the food/ service not being as good. I’ve read horror stories online about places that were great but then went down hill after being on 3-D or Throwdown.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/news_article.aspx?storyid=117696&catid=3

When Guy Fieri did Willie Bird's Restaurant in Santa Rosa, CA for a Thanksgiving special a few years back it did bring in more business, for a time. My wife has served tables at that place for 18 years. She's even in the spot. It didn't hurt the business at all and, like I said, it is back to where it always was.

Guy Fieri, host of Food Network's Diner's, Drive-In's and Dives is coming to Cleveland!

In all, seven Cleveland restaurants will be featured in the coming months on the Food Network. He hasn't released all of the restaurants names yet, but one of them that was confirmed was Geraci's in University Heights! (My personal favorite place for Pizza in town).

I must admit I have mixed feelings about this news though. It's wonderful recognition on one hand, but I don’t want these restaurants to jump the shark. This publicity will make people come in droves just because it was on Triple-D. Where once I was able to enjoy a nice quaint meal, it will now be overfilled with a bunch of folks who had no idea these places existed beforehand. I don’t want it to get overcrowded and risk the food/ service not being as good. I’ve read horror stories online about places that were great but then went down hill after being on 3-D or Throwdown.

Food Network star featuring Cleveland restaurants in upcoming episodes

I can't wait to see the episode. I love Geraci's....can't get thick sliced pepperoni anywhere else around here and their sausage pizza is by far the best. I'm surprised they didn't choose Mama Santa's for their pizza place dive....The place is good, cheap, a local institution, and a wreck on the inside. :)

I can't wait to see the episode. I love Geraci's....can't get thick sliced pepperoni anywhere else around here and their sausage pizza is by far the best. I'm surprised they didn't choose Mama Santa's for their pizza place dive....The place is good, cheap, a local institution, and a wreck on the inside. :)

Oh, that Peperoni from Geraci's is THE BEST! Mama Santa's in Little Italy is popular, but still give the edge to Geraci's.

Vine & Bean Cafe

Checked out a new "Dive" over the weekend. On Saturday morning we stopped at the local Farmers Market in Shaker Hts and ventured over to the Vine and Bean Cafe for brunch.

This place is an old century home, converted into a restaurant. Each room of the house has tables and seating, all old hodge podge furniture that seemed to be bought at a consignment shop. There's even seating on the front porch and backyard. The walls are painted bright colors and local artists can hang their work on the walls for free. The kitchen was in the basement. If anything, the place was very trendy, cozy and imaginative.

Vine and Bean is owned by the same local Chef who owns Lucky's in Tremont. Guy Fieri just got done shooting a DDD episode their last week. The food offered at Vine & Bean is much of the same at Lucky's.

For brunch, I had the Breakfast Burrito in a guajillo pepper sauce topped with cheddar cheese, baked in a casserole dish and served with hashbrowns. We ordered a side of pecan crusted bacon which was also amazing! My wife got the biscuits and gravy.

Overall, the place was amazing. Great service, fun atmosphere, awesome food. We'll definitely be going back. If anyone is in the area, I highly recommend this place.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)