DirecTivo HR10-250 Blowout!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here's a question that may be dumb, but what the heck....

I can't afford an HD TV right now, but when I do get one I want to use the Tivo unit. I'm a big fan of Tivo (currently have the R10) and when I *do* go HD I'd like to keep using one.

If I were able to somehow finagle the new HD service and get the HR10-250, could I continue to use it with my standard TV set until I upgrade to HD?

Thanks in advance...

bimplebean said:
Here's a question that may be dumb, but what the heck....

I can't afford an HD TV right now, but when I do get one I want to use the Tivo unit. I'm a big fan of Tivo (currently have the R10) and when I *do* go HD I'd like to keep using one.

If I were able to somehow finagle the new HD service and get the HR10-250, could I continue to use it with my standard TV set until I upgrade to HD?

Thanks in advance...

Yes you can

Update:

The rep tells me that the free HD DVR deal is for those who renewed ST and I don't qualify because I'm a new sub. :what

Anyway, he offered me an SD DVR for free and I took that. That will go on the same TV; I just won't be able to record in HD. For the most part, the only thing I record in HD anyway is the locals, and I would need an OTA antenna to get them at all.

After the new MPEG4 DVR arrives in my area, they'll be hearing from me once again.

This seemed like the least painful solution for me at this point. Give my wife her DVR back without laying out the cash. :D

Directv Hr20

Questioner said:
Apparantly directv will be having a promotion....order nfl sunday ticket you get it for free. But reports are the mpeg 4 dvr wont be out until november so I'm sure they will have plenty for this promotion.

Directv will have the new HD DVR available for retailers SEP 13

Well I can FINALLY add myself to this great list. HR10-250 is on its way and I am happy as can be. I just want to record HD locas OTA. Yahoo!

jobey said:
Update:

The rep tells me that the free HD DVR deal is for those who renewed ST and I don't qualify because I'm a new sub. :what
That is false. I have never been a ST subscriber, and got the deal shortly after it was "announced" here. I had subscribed prior to calling about the receiver, but had NOT subscribed during the 2005 season.

crap.... first try, 399. sounded like the new DVR anyway. hung up quickly. I can buy an "owned" HR10-250 for that. Been with directv for 6.5 years, only have done movers connection. no other freebees. i think I'm too nice. I'd rather have the tivo anyway

johnml said:
Call back. You can get it for nothing. Keep trying

i really don't want the new directv HD-DVR .. has anyone sucessfully gotten them to go to the tivo when offered the "new interactive" one?

That's the one I'm talking about - The HR10-250. TIVO based. I don't want to switch to the new HR20 until I absolutely have to...:up I'm perfectly happy getting my locals via OTA as it's far superior:) You have to play the CSR roulette game and you will get it free

I have HR20 even though I was told numerous times it was 10-250 coming. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT! Will definately be sending it back for 10-250.

I just called and they said $299 for the new one. Said I wanted the older Tivo one, and he said they didn't have those anymore. Asked about my commitment knowing I was not in a commitment, he said yes, you are day to day with us, but offered nothing.

I too got the HR20 after calling in b/c of this thread and asking for the 10-250. Not being able to get locals OTA is my main complaint at this point. I wonder if they'll give me East/West HD channels until they enable it on the HR20?

Made my third call with no luck on getting the HR 10-250 but a nice CSR who gave me some info:

She said she can no longer guarantee that particular receiver, said they would probably put in the new ones now so they wouldn't have to swap it out later.

Told her I just wanted it to be able to get my OTA HD, etc. without paying for a new receiver and she suggested I try to buy a used one off of someone or a local retailer that my have any left. Said they were putting out the HR 10-250 earlier this year so no one with a season pass (can't think of the name of it right now) would miss the beginning of football season, or if they had it last year, to give them an incentive to sign up again. Since the new receivers were in stock, they were using those now. Sounds like I was too late, may be a dead issue now.

So if you guys have the HR10-250 for sale, be sure to list them on the classifieds at a low, low price here at Satellite Guys!

Status
Please reply by conversation.