DirecTivo HR10-250 Blowout!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Have been with DirecTV from the beginning. Made one call to Customer retention.
Free HD DVR
Free installation
Free 3-lnb dish, but already have one so trying for the 5-lnb.
Four months free HD.
Install in three weeks..(!!)

A little help please.

Hey guys. I just moved to the middle of nowhere TX. Time Warner sucks. I want to get DirecTV. I want the ST and ESPN Game Plans. I called about this deal. They told me 299.00 for the ST and 3 months of HBO etc. I will only lease the Direct TV HD DVR. Is this right? Only problem is I live in an apartment upstairs and can't put the sattelite on the roof or put any holes in anything. The landlord says it's cool though. Gonna have to get it on the balcony I suppose.

What should I call and ask for, a little help please.
Any suggestions would be great.

I just called asking for Sunday ticket deal or anything else.
I was given $399.00 and $150.00 off..No Deal here.
I have been a D Customer for 10 years now..Maybe that is the problem.

I had been a subscriber before, but I had completed the 1-year agreement and moved out of state, so they saw me as a new sub for the ST promotion.

The rep also told me when I asked that I would get NFL games in HD. After realizing his mistake, he added in the SF for free.

However, he would not budge on the $399 price for an HD-DVR. I ordered a DVR-less HD receiver instead. What do I need to do now to get a cheap/free HD-DVR?

Persistence is the key - Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease ? It took me a few calls before I got it for free. The first CSR wouldn't budge so I hung up and hit redial and the second CSR gave me $150.00 off right away. I then called next day and told the CSR I wanted the best deal with out having to call every day - Got it for free that time. Good luck - Play CSR roulette - you got nothing to lose...:hatsoff:

Just called and "Ashley" at retention said, "those are only for returning NFL ticket customers." (which I am not) and that was it. No offer of any kind on a higher price or anything.

It took me a few try's, So keep calling. At first they wouldnt budge for me so I kept calling back. I'm not a NFL ticket customer, just a total choice plus, Locals & HBO.

I must have gotten the same Reterntion Rep that texasbrit got. I got the same exact deal

Free HD DVR
Free installation
Free 3-lnb dish, (didn't ask for thr 5lnb yet as I get good OTA)
Four months free HD.

I just mentioned I'm moving to a new house (which I am) and was wondering what might be available to a 9 year customer. When I said I was interested in the HD-DVR they offered the deal immediately.

Ganthet said:
I must have gotten the same Reterntion Rep that texasbrit got. I got the same exact deal

Free HD DVR
Free installation
Free 3-lnb dish, (didn't ask for thr 5lnb yet as I get good OTA)
Four months free HD.

I just mentioned I'm moving to a new house (which I am) and was wondering what might be available to a 9 year customer. When I said I was interested in the HD-DVR they offered the deal immediately.

I received the following....

Free HD DVR
Free R-15 DVR
4 months HD Programming (Should be free anyway for what they offer)
6 months Showtime
Free Install

So stickboy75 and Gathent,

Do you have the NFL package? Looks like from your post that you do not. I have the middle package with locals but no extras like HBO or HD or Sports so maybe that is why I don't get the offer. I will try again...

Sentry said:
So stickboy75 and Gathent,

Do you have the NFL package? Looks like from your post that you do not. I have the middle package with locals but no extras like HBO or HD or Sports so maybe that is why I don't get the offer. I will try again...

If you don't have HD why do you want an HD DVR?

Anyone getting hr10-250's anymore? Or does DTV have all the cards now with the stupid dish and tivo crap. I WANT to stick with Dtv I just want to record my locals in HD. No desire for new reciever with 5-lnb. Perfect world yes, but too much money for me right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts