DirecTV-2-PC Public Beta

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My initial guess is that it may take some time, similiar to any other function right after the box boots up.

In general, you need to have network connection, make sure it is connected (connect to internet button in menus), and that's about it.

No port changes in the router are necessary to my knowledge.

OK, this was worth me trying out the CE stuff now.

I got my serial key within 5 mins BUT I am not at home to load install the software yet. ARGH!

For those of you saying you have not got it yet; be sure to check your spam filters or junk boxes.

I just downloaded it and did the advisor and my graphics card fails because I have a Nvidia 6150Se not a 7600 or above. Doe that mean I cant even try this out or use the program??

Yes, if you do not me the minimum reqs then I can see you being excluded.

I just downloaded it and did the advisor and my graphics card fails because I have a Nvidia 6150Se not a 7600 or above. Doe that mean I cant even try this out or use the program??

You can try, the advisor is warning you that it may not work, and what component could be the reason if that is the case.

All works here on my HR20-700. This is a really cool feature. Just wish you could delete shows from within the application so you don't have to go back onto the receiver to delete them. It would also be cool to switch between servers (recievers) easier then going into the Menu then chaning in the System Setup.

:down'

a big failure to DirectTV on this.

My pc is about 1 year old. 2 gigs of memory. 3mghz processor. Pentium 4.

I dont pass what is required. There are a TON more people out there with lesser PCs than this one. This is hardly a piece of junk.

Great job developing a product not accessible to the masses.

This feature is poop, sorry.

If you could access content from say a hotel while travelling, its one thing. Accessing dvr content in HD on your pc while sitting in the SAME house with a nice HDTV is crap.

This will be like the new toy at Christmas, people will drool over it for a month, then realize its a gimmick.

a big failure to DirectTV on this.

My pc is about 1 year old. 2 gigs of memory. 3mghz processor. Pentium 4.

I dont pass what is required. There are a TON more people out there with lesser PCs than this one.

Great job developing a product not accessible to the masses.

Yep, and I'm one of them, none of my PC's can do HD programming, only SD. But then again they wouldn't be able to handle decoding Blu-Ray disc, my 2.6Ghz P4 even has problem with the 720p content via WMPV11 demo content.

Just received the 290 update this evening and when playing with my DLNA TV (Samsung 52A750) and my DLNA receiver (Denon 3808CI) both see the DIRECT2PC "media server". The recevier can only decode / playback audio so that does not do me much good.... the TV sees the various "folders" - such as my recorded shows - however when I try to select that folder the TV resets.....

I reallize this is still in beta - is this intended to only talk to the PC client, or should it now, or eventually, talk with other DLNA-enabled Clients - that would be really cool to be able to play recorded shows from one DVR to a TV elsewhere in my house (or even through another DVR with that TV).

yup.. and dont say it cant be done.. cuz i've watched HD through my PC withotu any issues. The programming is sloppy and inefficient.

This was a closed beta to dbstalkers.. and you know how they are.. did nothing but kiss arse the whole time. DirecTV needed honest feedback on this.

This feature is poop, sorry.

If you could access content from say a hotel while travelling, its one thing. Accessing dvr content in HD on your pc while sitting in the SAME house with a nice HDTV is crap.

This will be like the new toy at Christmas, people will drool over it for a month, then realize its a gimmick.

But some folks with the testing loved it. One mentioned about taking his laptop out to garage and watched a sports program he recorded while doing some work. Another about how when his wife wanted to watch her shows he just went to another room with his computer and watched some of his. So why a poop feature for you some are happy to have it.

wow.. even SD shows are choppy.
Then you might want to look into your network connection or whatelse on your system is using resources. I have a 1.6Ghz AMD laptop and no problem with SD content even using my 802.11g connection.

But some folks with the testing loved it. One mentioned about taking his laptop out to garage and watched a sports program he recorded while doing some work. Another about how when his wife wanted to watch her shows he just went to another room with his computer and watched some of his. So why a poop feature for you some are happy to have it.

I find it hilarious that in the day and age of tv we are in, people would be happy about sitting in their home next to an HDTV and watching this on a PC, sorry.

Its a feature they wasted plenty of time on that a VERY, VERY small group will even care about. More things could have been improved or created with the same effort.

My answer to when my wife wants to watch her shows? A 640gig HDD that allows me to record weeks of HD and watch it when I want too.

E- is D*'s grade on this crap.

Running VERY smoothly. No problems at all even though the advisor stated I would need a new graphics card and "recommended an upgrade" to my processor.

HD, SD, it all works VERY well.

Kudos to Directv on this one. Two thumbs up!!!! Now when my wife is watching something I don't want to watch on the living room HDTV, I can just use my computer.

Edit: .... I'm not even going to try to attempt the laptop however. LOL!

I find it hilarious that in the day and age of tv we are in, people would be happy about sitting in their home next to an HDTV and watching this on a PC, sorry.

Its a feature they wasted plenty of time on that a VERY, VERY small group will even care about. More things could have been improved or created with the same effort.

My answer to when my wife wants to watch her shows? A 640gig HDD that allows me to record weeks of HD and watch it when I want too.

E- is D*'s grade on this crap.

Would I have preferred that they worked on MRV then this, you bet. Someone at D* must have though that this would be a feature that would differentiate their product from other providers. As I said, some people have said they liked it, you don't, to each their own.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)