DIRECTV HR34 Home Media Center

Status
Please reply by conversation.
just hope because its 5 tuners they dont charge like say a $12 receiver fee for it
Since each TV requires a WHDS capable DIRECTV receiver, I can't imagine they'll get away with charging much extra for the HR34 itself.

I can see where there may be a really stinky transition in the lease fee on the HR34 *IF* 3rd party RVU devices ever become available.

just hope because its 5 tuners they dont charge like say a $12 receiver fee for it

That's what I was wondering. In my thoughts was just to have it and use it in one room so you can record shows and not worry about losing your tv viewing in that room if you need more than two shows to record. I already have receivers at my other tvs so I wouldn't need them hooked up to the 34. Then again this may become a cheaper way to have more than one tv.

There are no RVU boxes (or RVU TVs for that matter) at this time.

WHDS is your only option for now.

Like Iceberg said, and the pdf files shows, Samsung 6000, 6400, and 6420 models are rvu compliant. From what I have read, all Samsung smart tvs will be upgradable at some point.

raoul5788 said:
Like Iceberg said, and the pdf files shows, Samsung 6000, 6400, and 6420 models are rvu compliant. From what I have read, all Samsung smart tvs will be upgradable at some point.

So those of us who have a 7000 or 8000 series samsung tv wont be rvu compliant at the moment but will be via software upgrade or would it be hardware upgrade?

harshness said:

That statement isn't accurate. The listed Samsung LED TVs have been sold publicly or months. RVU client boxes will eventually come to market offering an impossibly small footprint compared to a traditional DVR. I've been waiting for this news since before buying my Samsung UN55D6420 in July.

Wasn't D* also suppose to release a RVU box to go along with the hr34 or is that not going to happen? It would be nice for a customer to buy a RVU box instead of leasing extra receivers every month. It would definitely save that customer some money in the long term.

Wasn't D* also suppose to release a RVU box to go along with the hr34 or is that not going to happen? It would be nice for a customer to buy a RVU box instead of leasing extra receivers every month. It would definitely save that customer some money in the long term.

That was the original plan.

So those of us who have a 7000 or 8000 series samsung tv wont be rvu compliant at the moment but will be via software upgrade or would it be hardware upgrade?

From what I read the smart tvs will be software upgradable.

A few ?'s

1. Will the hr34's have the ability to connect an ehd?

2. If yes, what will the capacity of the ehd be?

3. If a ehd is connected, will it prevent the use of the internal hd?

4. Can recordings be shared between two or more 34's if they are on the same account and location?

raoul5788 said:
From what I read the smart tvs will be software upgradable.

Wow and I just switched to fios from dish, had I heard about this coming this soon, I would have definitely considered getting it. Either way im all for new tech coming to consumers, it seems to make other providers streamline new receivers to match up with the competition (dish that's definitely a jab at taking so long to get the 832 out)

Lphybred said:
Wow and I just switched to fios from dish, had I heard about this coming this soon, I would have definitely considered getting it. Either way im all for new tech coming to consumers, it seems to make other providers streamline new receivers to match up with the competition (dish that's definitely a jab at taking so long to get the 832 out)

Meant to put 813 but I can't seem to find how to edit posts through the iPhone app

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts