DirecTV New HD channel additions and rumors

Status
Please reply by conversation.
correction/addition
per the web archive back in 2004 it was 10.99

Our HD Package includes ESPN HD, Discovery HD Theater™, HDNet and HDNet Movies - all for just $10.99 per month.

There was also CBS, HBO, Showtime and yes Spice

Then looking in 06 it was dropped to 9.99 and did include TNT
The DIRECTV HD Package includes TNT HD, ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD, Discovery HD Theater™, HDNet, HDNet Movies and Universal HD — all for just $9.99 per month.

I can't believe I confused Discovery HD with Universal HD. How many times did I watch the sunrise on Discovery HD?

Thanks for clearing that up, Iceberg. I will rest easy tonight.

Don't see any banners here on H24.

I have an HR24 and an H25. I have never seen a banner or anything other than text in the guide for the H25 but the HR24 has pretty pictures and annoying banners. And by "pretty pictures" I mean annoying banners for movies/PPV events/random shows.

I have an HR24 and an H25. I have never seen a banner or anything other than text in the guide for the H25 but the HR24 has pretty pictures and annoying banners. And by "pretty pictures" I mean annoying banners for movies/PPV events/random shows.

Ya, sounds like it's just a DVR thing. No DVR's here, I don't like them, I do use WMC as a DVR for OTA channels and even that has filled up a hard drive with stuff I never have time to watch. If I had a DirecTV DVR I'd wind up never watching anything I record.

Ya, sounds like it's just a DVR thing. No DVR's here, I don't like them, I do use WMC as a DVR for OTA channels and even that has filled up a hard drive with stuff I never have time to watch. If I had a DirecTV DVR I'd wind up never watching anything I record.

See I'm the opposite. I hardly watch Live tv. I hate commercials so I have a hard time watching where I can't skip commercials.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

it was just uplinked so could be next week, 2 weeks, a month or never ;)

usually within a month it will be added

I can't wait for everything to be in MPEG4 HD. Imagine the day when 101 sheds all that MPEG2...

I can't wait for everything to be in MPEG4 HD. Imagine the day when 101 sheds all that MPEG2...

Ya, I wish they would get rid of all the duplicates by phasing in down-converting receivers for people still using tubes. Like the SD ATSC OTA receivers that take that HD OTA signal and output it in SD for a tube.

Would love some of the HD to move to Ku, that would allow "In-Motion" for RV's to get HD.

you'd be amazed at how many folks have HDTV's and still are using SD boxes because they were free or cheap

Here in our apartment complex I know most folks use the SD boxes because "they were free" and they have HD TV's too. The other day I heard a lady say she was getting a new box. I asked "oh did you get the DVR?" She says "no i'm getting the regular box and turning in my HD box because I don't want to pay $10 a month"

you'd be amazed at how many folks have HDTV's and still are using SD boxes because they were free or cheap

Here in our apartment complex I know most folks use the SD boxes because "they were free" and they have HD TV's too. The other day I heard a lady say she was getting a new box. I asked "oh did you get the DVR?" She says "no i'm getting the regular box and turning in my HD box because I don't want to pay $10 a month"

Ya, all providers need to stop charging more for HD and save money by dumping SD duplicate feeds.

"
I'm not amazed, LOL ! I know most customers for a fact have active SD equipment:)

Not everyone can afford 4 HD receivers, and Directv sure as hell doesn't like giving them out for free.

I have 4 and it Cost me $260. Not everyone can afford or wants to pay that.

I'm sure the exact costs are a secret, but I doubt there's much difference between an sd and an hd receiver/dvr. If Directv had stopped making sd units years ago, there wouldn't be that many to replace to allow them to do away with mpeg2 feeds. To do that now would be more expensive than a new satellite, but not if they had been proactive years ago.

I'm sure the exact costs are a secret, but I doubt there's much difference between an sd and an hd receiver/dvr. If Directv had stopped making sd units years ago, there wouldn't be that many to replace to allow them to do away with mpeg2 feeds. To do that now would be more expensive than a new satellite, but not if they had been proactive years ago.

Speaking of New Sats, has anyone heard about the Next Sat D* will be sending up ?

New HD Testing

I forgot I signed up on the other site for a notification on new HD channels until they sent one today.

They are reporting

The following are now in TEST:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.ph...27#post3200227
OWN HD (279)
Bloomberg Television HD (353)
Fox Sports San Diego HD (694)

Please note that TEST channels are not available yet, and are only viewable by DirecTV for testing with equipment that is specially authorized.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts