DirecTV New HD channel additions and rumors

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would much rather have The Hub in HD than OWN or Bloomberg, but I am sure there are plenty of folks who are happy those two are coming.

I remember on C-Band Discovery had a policy that a provider had to carry ALL their networks or NONE and had to get a special waiver to do otherwise.

I think Discovery needs to impliment a new policy to carry ALL of their networks in HD or NONE. lol.

Last edited:
No carrier simply passes the signal along. They all fiddle with it in some manner before it is uplinked.

WAH ...

You know what I meant.

Your gonna start complaining about Compression now, aren't you.

Think about it this way, if NO ONE Compressed, you would have about 5 channels.

WAH ...

You know what I meant.

Your gonna start complaining about Compression now, aren't you.

Think about it this way, if NO ONE Compressed, you would have about 5 channels.
Perhaps you or someone else could explain Meg2 and Meg4. I know it has something to do with compression and how many channels you can fit without losing PQ.

I wish the SD was mpeg4 because right now the quality sucks. Cables SD looks so much better but they only put 10 or 12 mpeg2 channels within a 38.8mbps channel.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I remember on C-Band Discovery had a policy that a provider had to carry ALL their networks or NONE and had to get a special waiver to do otherwise.

I think Discovery needs to impliment a new policy to carry ALL of their networks in HD or NONE. lol.

I think that most providers would choose the latter in which case they would go bankrupt.

Is there any rhyme or reason to some of how DirecTV chooses channels to launch in HD?

Based on % of viewership you have to wonder how many channels out there warrant HD treatment. Not to mention that some channels may offer a HD feed but have no HD content available.

With the number of hd channels carried by Directv and Dish, there aren't any missing that are in great demand. Some current channels may not have much actual hd content, but most of the ones I watch are mostly hd.

SD Program on a HD channel still looks better than SD on a SD channel.

Compare "Three's Company" on the HD and non HD feeds of TVLand or Nick (whichever it happens to be on).

Just read one of my new favorites "Legit" is moving to FXX. The FXX channel will launch on September 2. Anyone heard if D* will have this in HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)