DirecTV New HD channel additions and rumors

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't subscribe to Playboy TV or Hustler TV. But if I did, I'd want to be viewing them in high definition. That has to do with the subscription costs for each channel. I doubt many are suggesting either Playboy TV or Hustler TV to become added in HD. But for those who are interested, and noting that there are titles available in the adult-video section in the format of Blu-ray, to watch them in high definition would be more satisfying than setting on standard definition. Especially at their prices.

The pr0n channels should skip reg HD and go straight to 3D HD, lol.

I'll be switching to "D" this summer and I will really miss Epix HD channels and PAC 12 HD. But hello to Disney HD and full time RSN's in HD.

Switching from DN or Cable?

Cable where I live is a total joke.

294431g.jpg

No, that is not a April Fools joke, that is really all that is offered here. Yet they have 24mbps/2mbps DOCSIS 3.0

Looking at those "Digital Channels", it's so obvious they're coming from HITS.

The real joke is the HD offerings, TNT-HD is a must and for a Cable co to not make channels like TNT-HD, TBS-HD, USA-HD, Spike-HD, their first priority they must be ran by a totally clueless incompetent moron. Even if money for new equipment is a issue, they should be able to change the channels on their existing HD receivers to use the equipment they have to deliver the most desirable HD channels. Food HD, Outdoor HD, NGC HD, Golf HD should be replaced with the four I listed above.

No wonder they didn't even consider me when I applied, they probably didn't understand 90% of the terminology on my resume.

Last edited:
Wow i find it hard to accept any cable co capable of d3 speeds can have a lineup that crappy, so much analog bs. Reminds me of doing comcast in eagles mere pa. 100% analog system, no internet, no digital, no hd, no boxes, no nothing. And the office didnt even have traps, so basically whatever the customers tv picked up is what they got lol. Worst drive i ever had to make while traveling.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Switching from DN or Cable?

Cable where I live is a total joke.

No, that is not a April Fools joke, that is really all that is offered here. Yet they have 24mbps/2mbps DOCSIS 3.0

Looking at those "Digital Channels", it's so obvious they're coming from HITS.

The real joke is the HD offerings, TNT-HD is a must and for a Cable co to not make channels like TNT-HD, TBS-HD, USA-HD, Spike-HD, their first priority they must be ran by a totally clueless incompetent moron. Even if money for new equipment is a issue, they should be able to change the channels on their existing HD receivers to use the equipment they have to deliver the most desirable HD channels. Food HD, Outdoor HD, NGC HD, Golf HD should be replaced with the four I listed above.

No wonder they didn't even consider me when I applied, they probably didn't understand 90% of the terminology on my resume.

Wow what company is that? 600 MHz system maybe. Even so time to get some DTA's and put 3 HD in the space of each analog reclaimed. Should do 100% digital from 2 on up.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I'd like all of the Encore's to be in HD, Choice Ultimate comes with all Encore's but I really only get to enjoy TWO of them, grrr. and why the hell can't TMC Xtra be included with choice ultimate? How does one even get it? Sub to showtime?

Thinking about it, I think ALL premiums should be in HD, I mean, if you're going to pay a extra premium for something premium, it should be of the best premium quality right? (HD)

I think they should only carry the "1st" channel of each premium in SD for the 18" dish people. 501, 511, 515, 527, 535, 545, 554, which I see they're kinda almost already doing that as there are a few premiums in HD only.

BTW, I've decided to put HD receivers on the SD TV's in the house so that they get all channels. I do need to upgrade from SWM SL3 to a SWM SL5 so I can get all of the channels that are being paid for... but damn those things are expensive. I have a non-SWM SL5 on hand but with a H25 in the house that won't work and a SWM multiswitch thing to connect to a non swm SL5 costs more than a SWM SL5. Any way to just get DirecTV to ship me a free SWM SL5?

I would think that if you ordered the HD receivers from Directv they would do whatever it takes to install them including the SWM system.

I'll be switching from "E" to "D". Maybe by then "D" will have the Epix channels in HD. FWIW I'm waiting to get some stuff off my EHD and for the HR44 to become well established.

I'll be switching from "E" to "D". Maybe by then "D" will have the Epix channels in HD. FWIW I'm waiting to get some stuff off my EHD and for the HR44 to become well established.

I get the feeling DirecTV does not want to get involved with offering EPiX. There are three from that channel which are in high definition and one that is only in standard definition. Last year there was the contractual dispute with Viacom, which included losing their channels for a few days, and part of it was apparently regarding Viacom wanting DirecTV to carry all of Viacom's channels.

I mention this just in case you have your heart set on being able to get EPiX while having moved over and subscribing to DirecTV. It doesn't mean DirecTV will never add EPiX. It means it could be a few years before DirecTV would carry EPiX. That it would be something that you cannot count on.

Best Ink on Oxygen in SD....give me a break. Won't even be worth watching if you can't see how bad they are.

I would think that if you ordered the HD receivers from Directv they would do whatever it takes to install them including the SWM system.

Ya, but they installed a SWM SL3 not a SWM SL5. I want the Irish and Tranquility music channels!!! lol

Remember, the Sl3/ SWM3 is the standard now, unless you NEED the SL5 for your programming needs.

I suppose I could call them up and claim that I am Jewish and that I find it discriminatory for them to not install the proper equipment to receive JLTV when it is included in my package...lol.

Just one problem, I need it shipped not brought out by a installer because I am "moved" to get the locals I want. I may just have to eat it and buy one off of ebay. Maybe I can at least get a free CCK out of them?

*The following channels require a special dish or equipment: MHz, GEM NET, Hope Channel, JLTV, Once, HITN, V-Me, Enlace, Golden Eagle Broadcasting, and Free Speech TV. Please call 1-800-531-5000 for more information.

He was talking about having his lnb swapped due to missing channels on the 119sat.

If your area doesnt need this, then your not missing anything, nothing should be on 119 that isnt already on 103 or 99.

110 is dead as far as i know.

If your area doesnt need this, then your not missing anything, nothing should be on 119 that isnt already on 103 or 99.
a couple English channels and 1/2 dozen to 15 music only channels too (depending on package). Also some markets SD only channels are still on 119 so even if you have HD there are some SD only stations

110 is dead as far as i know.
being used for Puerto Rico

Ahh, thanks ice, i somehow missed the whole last page of this thread,
Have you tried posting in classifieds if a tech will mail you one? If i had a current one i certainly wouldnt care, but i switched companies. Its not a part we pay for so covering shipping with a valid cause should be enough for a tech to offer one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)