directv prepaid

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i don't think that is right that i am willing to pay and directv won't work with me. I might just have to hit up dish network and hopefully they will work with me since directv won't.

Sounds totally unfair, Mike! You're willing to pay, just the amount you think is fair excluding the Playboy channel, Sports package, The full Premiere package & a dozen PPV's. Go hit up dish & see if that Credit charge back isn't showing up on your credit score yet.

i dont know why anyone thinks they should have service without paying. i am sure that non payments like this is passed on to those who pay their bill. it would be interesting to see how much of my bill belongs to someone else. i am sure this is all figured into everyones bill.

i am willing to pay just I CANT PAY $763!!!! That is way too much money for me to afford to pay. If I can get it down to like maybe $400 or $500 I will be glad to pay it.

i am willing to pay just I CANT PAY $763!!!! That is way too much money for me to afford to pay. If I can get it down to like maybe $400 or $500 I will be glad to pay it.

Maybe elaborate on how it got to $763 in the first place; is it actual programming that you subscribed to or are they throwing late fees & such on top of your overdue bill?

I don't remember how it got that much. Late fees and early termination fees are in there but so is the permier package, nhl center ice, mlb extra innings, espn gameplan,25 ppvs. There has to be a way to get it down to between $400 and $500 and no i'm not meaning pay $275 to get it down that low. I don't have $763 and won't for a long time.

I don't remember how it got that much. Late fees and early termination fees are in there but so is the permier package, nhl center ice, mlb extra innings, espn gameplan,25 ppvs. There has to be a way to get it down to between $400 and $500 and no i'm not meaning pay $275 to get it down that low. I don't have $763 and won't for a long time.

No way to get it down; the time for lowering your monthly bill is before it gets out of hand, not after. Even with a sudden employment change during this economy a call to reduce your luxury services like DTV should have been done first. Unless a few of those PPV's came off an old unplugged receiver (maybe a few fights & UFL) I can't believe they let you get that high before closing you down. If it's made it to an outside collections agency than chances are high it's also on your credit report & will remain there whether you repay or not; it will just get shuffled over to the delinquent paid side for the next 6 years. Stone says they will take you back if you pay so I'll listen to him since he works for them; I'd expect them to insist on a deposit even if you pay the balance in full.

so is the permier package, nhl center ice, mlb extra innings, espn gameplan,25 ppvs..

Somehow as a paying customer, I resent this. You ordered all this and now want someone to fix it.. Pay your bill.. Cut services before this happens.. STOP ordering PPV's.. Jeez, 25 PPV's..? Just what exactly did you expect to happen here.

I dont think I could find 25 ppv movies I wanted to watch.

Once again the simple rule of finance kicks in. You buy something, you have to pay for it.

This is something you want to get taken care of. If this goes past collections to delinquency/will not pay you wont be able to get any sort of credit or service at all for 7 years. Credit cards, loans, mortgage, car loans...nada. Heck, if you try to sign up for phone or trash pickup they'll probably want you to pay 3 months in advance with a big deposit.

Is this the same $1000, now minus the returned receiver, that you were negotiating about with DirecTV 4 years ago?

Somehow as a paying customer, I resent this. You ordered all this and now want someone to fix it.. Pay your bill.. Cut services before this happens.. STOP ordering PPV's.. Jeez, 25 PPV's..? Just what exactly did you expect to happen here.

Couldn't agree more. Since you are not disputing the amount, it's your bill. You need to pay it. No government bailout for you.....

The problem is, if you stiffed them once, you are not the kind of customer they really want back so there isn't any incentive to make a deal with you. Sad, but true.

dont bother trying a different name or number with the same address either, this will just generate a frd account type, and you may or may not see a very angry tech on the day of the install because he wont be able to activate anything..... thats my biggest issue with directv.... i wanna know how sebol (spelled wrong) can route installs or former installs with an account type of frd... like why.... the account can almost never be cleared within 24 hours, and its a waste of a trip and time, then god forbid supplies.

I once had a customer tell me after i finished the install (5 box, hddvr, dvr, 3 std) that "Oh well it was worth a try..." I respond "excuse me? what was" "Oh well I wasnt sure they were gonna approve me, they said i needed to verify my identity and that i was linked to a past due account" my jaw dropped at that point....

I once had a customer tell me after i finished the install (5 box, hddvr, dvr, 3 std) that "Oh well it was worth a try..."

This just makes me sick thinking about it & I don't do pro installs for a living. People really can justify anything to get out of their self inflicted troubles. I'm glad to hear they're stepping up on their non-payment policies & placing these accounts on peoples credit reports. DTV & others might never see a cent from these people, but the same people will endure a 6-yr surprise every time they try to apply for the simplest of credit or even activating basic utilities.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)