DIRECTV reaches deal with Tribune (Or maybe not!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Of course D* would continue showing it and tribune would be the one to pull it. Tribune is the seller and Directv is the buyer. Tribune wants more money or they will withhold their product. Directv would keep it forever at the lower price if tribune would let them. What incentive would Directv have for being the one to pull the channels?

My point was, if Trib pulls the channels, they will blame D* when it's not D*'s fault.

Last edited:
If this happens. No more reruns of Matlock and In The Heat of The Night. I can't live without WGN America. I wished they abolished those 20 year old retransmission consent rules in the first place.

Some people would miss it, some won't. I'm a huge sports fan and i would hate to be a Chicago sports fan with this happening. Hopefully they get a deal done!

Little over the top, don't you think?

Directv said they agreed to pay the request rate for the broadcast local channels, excluding WGN America.

Then later posted that they were perplexed and they didn't have an agreement.

My guess is that Tribune said all-or-nothing, and Directv had already sent out their release thinking that most of the damage would be mitigated.

No, I don't think I was over the top in the least. Directv issued a release saying they had an agreement in principal, not a done deal like Harshness said. I think Directv thought they had a deal, since that what they said. Obviously they were wrong! Of course Harshness comes here to berate Directv because that is what he does. He is a troll, pure and simple.

Anyone who loses a big 4 local station owned by tribune, can get a waiver on one of the new york or LA locals they lose; right?

Am losing KTLA HD... no biggie comes in strong OTA

Sent from ICS HP Touchpad with Tapatalk

Anyone who loses a big 4 local station owned by tribune, can get a waiver on one of the new york or LA locals they lose; right?

They could try it. But there is only two ways. First would be if you can't receive the channel over the air and the second is if the local channel grants the waiver.

Which I have to think the Tribune channels would deny the waiver.

Sori4mvp said:

Very unlikely, too many regulations and getting Directv to give you something like that is all but impossible

Good point, i forget the local has to approve the waiver, which im sure they won't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts