DirecTV Rumors

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Scott Greczkowski said:
So there has been a big buzz at the other forum about the new Mosiac Interactive Service which is coming to DirecTV in October.

I am told by a few dealers that they were shown demos of Mosiac last week in special DirecTV meetings last week. From what I am told, the technology while neater then WINK was still not impressive.

If you want to see what MOSIAC will probably look like when launched take a look at these videos. (Requires Windows Media Player)

Ryder Cup Golf
US Open Tennis
Rugby
Cricket
Wimbeldon Tennis
World Cup Soccer (From DirecTV)
Formula 1 Racing
Olympics
Sports Active

I am working on getting actual screen shots of DirecTV's Mosaic Interface. if and when I get them I will post them here.

BTW I am also told that as exciting my idea was to give everyone free HD receivers its not going to happen. They did say that the new DirecTV standardized boxes would be coming out soon. I asked if the boxes would contain support for new broadcasting and compression technologies such as 8PSK, WM9 and MPEG4 and all's I got back was a "I am sorry I can't discuss that" :)

Unfortunately, the same content will not be delivered with the new interactivity. No cricket stumps camera for me. :(

Now, if we could actually get the Sky Sports channels and New Zealand's Rugby Channel, (and in HD, of course) we'd have some compelling content!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts