DIRT Needed: Sling Adapter DEAD

PokerMunkee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
Woodland Park, CO
Count me in the "Sling Adapter Is Dead" club. Tried different USB ports, unplug power from Hopper, etc. The light doesn't come on. Been like this for months. I see on the DISH forum a lot of people are having same issue in last 6 months.

Can I get this replaced? I pay for the protection plan.

Is it possible to get the new Hopper with the Sling included or is that a paid upgrade?

You have the protection plan you don't need DIRT just call. If you have a problem then you might need to bother DIRT.

Did you read the thread?

I'd definitely contact DIRT about the possible receiver upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Did you read the thread?

I'd definitely contact DIRT about the possible receiver upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner
With 98 posts he can contact DIRT him self if he wants advice on qualifying for upgrades. If he wants to replace a sling adapter that hasn't worked in months he doesn't need DIRT to do that.

Count me in the "Sling Adapter Is Dead" club. Tried different USB ports, unplug power from Hopper, etc. The light doesn't come on. Been like this for months. I see on the DISH forum a lot of people are having same issue in last 6 months.

Can I get this replaced? I pay for the protection plan.

Is it possible to get the new Hopper with the Sling included or is that a paid upgrade?

Food for thought: The warranty on the Sling is 1 year. Not serviced by Dish, and the protection plan won't matter. Warranty work on a Sling adapter is done through Sling Media. I'd recommend the advice to look at upgrading to a Hopper With Sling, built in, and if the internal sling goes bad, it's covered as part of the receiver. External sling is not.

Thanks everyone!

Just got off DISH Chat Support. They are sending me the new Hopper w/ Sling integrated at no cost. Of course it requires me to extend the contract 24 months. Had them throw in 5 movie rentals :D

You'll be much happier with the HWS. My sling adapter on my old Hopper would work some days and not others. It was a big PIA if I was traveling and could not connect due to the SA. No such problem with the HWS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)