DISH 2016 CES Press Event

You would need a second dish for the 211. When the Hoppe 3 is hooked up to the Hybrid LNB the Hybrid LNB goes into dp Z mode instead of dp X mode which the other older equipment used.

Scott- thanks for the reply as I figured it would be that way. I really wouldn't need the 211k wired at my house but need to take it with me in summer. Can I keep the 211K active on account to take in summer without it hooked up at house?
Gerry

Scott- thanks for the reply as I figured it would be that way. I really wouldn't need the 211k wired at my house but need to take it with me in summer. Can I keep the 211K active on account to take in summer without it hooked up at house?
Gerry
Only if you own it....

Its a portable hard drive / hot spot so you can download shows from your Dish DVR and watch them on a device running the DISH Anywhere app.
So I can't load it up from home and connect it to my dumb HDTV at the RV? <sigh>

Does the GO work with the HWS? Not that it matter to me anymore.

Does the go even plug into a receiver? They said it's a mobile device for hotel like situations when you're traveling I thought.

So if DPX is MoCA 1.1 (Hopper 1 & 2) and DPZ is MoCA 2.0 (Hopper 3), it looks like you can network any combination of Hopper 1, 2, & 3s on the new hybrid equipment (as MoCA 2.0 is backward compatible):

dish_dpx_dpz_text.jpg

This should be fun.

Does the go even plug into a receiver? They said it's a mobile device for hotel like situations when you're traveling I thought.

It plus into the USB port and charges the GO unit as well as transfers recordings to the GO.

When you are out, the unit becomes a mobile hotspot you connect to it, start your DISH Anywhere app and now you have access to the content on the HopperGo.

So if DPX is MoCA 1.1 (Hopper 1 & 2) and DPZ is Hopper 3, it looks like you can network any combination of Hopper 1, 2, & 3s on the new hybrid equipment (as MoCA 2.0 is backward compatible):

dish_dpx_dpz_text.jpg

This should be fun.
Highly incorrect.

When you plug in the Hopper 3 in, it turns off DP X mode on the LNB and is only DP Z mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts