Dish 622 3.63 Release Notes

Ok, really like the new "Swap" button which changes your sort on your DVR recordings. That is incredibly nice. I only EVER switch between Alpha and date, and now I can do that simply and easily. Thanks Dish!

The original air date on the recordings and info is really nice too.

Now I just want my external HD support :)

Just an update on the TV Entertainment feature. It is NOT VIP / VOD service. Instead I am told it will a service that will record some programs which Disih finds interesting to your DVR.

What may Dish find interesting to record on your DVR? My guess they will probably record anything if a company comes to them and pays them to be part of the entertainment tv choice.

BTW if you go to the DVR scren, the feature is greyed out, however if you press 3 on your remote you are taken to the TV Entertainment screen. IN addition there is a help file there for the feature.

I find it very interesting on the new air date on the 622. I;m watching the live news right now and it says original air date 2004. Something is a little screwy.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Just an update on the TV Entertainment feature. It is NOT VIP / VOD service. Instead I am told it will a service that will record some programs which Disih finds interesting to your DVR.
I wonder if this can be disabled. It's bad enough that Dish is force-feeding us VOD that I'm guessing few people want. Now they're going to take up even more of our hard drive space for other stuff they find interesting? Wow!

Scott Greczkowski said:

What may Dish find interesting to record on your DVR? My guess they will probably record anything if a company comes to them and pays them to be part of the entertainment tv choice.

BTW if you go to the DVR scren, the feature is greyed out, however if you press 3 on your remote you are taken to the TV Entertainment screen. IN addition there is a help file there for the feature.

Looks like this is it:

DISH Network(TM) Video On Demand Platform to Feature Special ABC Programs; Overview Specials Recapping 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Lost' and 'Desperate Housewives' Available for Free on DISH On Demand

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. & BURBANK, Calif--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 21, 2006--EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) and its DISH Network(TM) satellite TV service today announced that it will feature half-hour promotional specials of "Grey's Anatomy," "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives" designed to help viewers follow the storylines on these popular series on its Video On Demand platform, DISH On Demand.

The following specials will be available free of charge beginning today through Wednesday, Oct. 4, for DISH Network customers with a 622 or 625 receiver:

* "Grey's Anatomy - Getting Into Grey's Anatomy"
* "The Lost Survival Guide"
* "Desperate Housewives: Time to Come Clean"

Source: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=68854&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=907896&highlight=

Widescreen said:
Now they're going to take up even more of our hard drive space for other stuff they find interesting? Wow!
They aren't going to take up any more of the HDD space than they've already set aside as unusable for us anyway.

Now the external USB suport makes sense....

Widescreen said:
I wonder if this can be disabled. It's bad enough that Dish is force-feeding us VOD that I'm guessing few people want. Now they're going to take up even more of our hard drive space for other stuff they find interesting? Wow!
We get to put our stuff on the USB drive so Dish can have more room on the internal drive for stuff "Dish finds interesting" (AKA paid programming):eek:

Talon Dancer

ps Plesae don't tell me that the above is not true -- because already know it isn't:)

I can't wait for the hell on earth to follow Charlie overwritting Oprah with his paid propaganda; my wife will not be happy.:devil:

mwgiii said:
The following specials will be available free of charge beginning today through Wednesday, Oct. 4, for DISH Network customers with a 622 or 625 receiver:

* "Grey's Anatomy - Getting Into Grey's Anatomy"
* "The Lost Survival Guide"
* "Desperate Housewives: Time to Come Clean"
Odds that these are in HD (since only 622 & 625 are getting them, which are HD recievers): Nill.

Max Wright said:
Odds that these are in HD (since only 622 & 625 are getting them, which are HD recievers): Nill.
Dish could of course push SD versions to the 625s and HD versions to the 622s. As you mention though, my money says it won't happen that way...

HD Temperature Counters?

:confused: Does anybody know what happened to the HD temperature counters? I don't see them anymore. Thanks.

BCH said:
Scott,

Please inquire about the status of native resolution pass through.

Yes, please do. This is a huge feature for me, since I have a CRT HD-TV, so my TV can support all the HD resolutions. Since I let the DVR record, I have to let it record all HD shows in 480i...I would love to see them in the true HD resolution when I record them.

Rukes said:
Since I let the DVR record, I have to let it record all HD shows in 480i...
This almost, but not entirely, makes no sense at all. When you record, it is recorded in whatever resolution it was originally transmitted at. What are you talking about?

Rukes said:
Since I let the DVR record, I have to let it record all HD shows in 480i...
This almost, but not entirely, makes no sense at all. When you record, it is recorded in whatever resolution it was originally transmitted at. What are you talking about?

If you are referring to the fact that if you use "TV2" to record while watching "TV1" the picture on TV2 is 480i, that ain't gonna change.

"Native resolution passthru" refers to TV1, where instead of having to choose in the setup menu what resolution to output, and having the box convert everything to that resolution, the box would instead output a signal based on the original resolution of the content. Good idea, if the TV supports it. Mine only supports 480p and 1080i on the component input so this would best be implemented via a menu that list each of the four possible input resolutions and has four choices as to what output resolution it should map to, as in the following example.
1080i -> 1080i
720p -> 1080i
480p -> 480p
480i -> 480p
If you had a TV that supported 1080i and 720p but nothing at 480 on the HD input, it might look like this:
1080i -> 1080i
720p -> 720p
480p -> 720p
480i -> 720p

Last edited:
Audio Drop-out, reply from dish...

Here is the reply I got from E* after emailing ceo@dishnetwork.com

Michael,

Thanks to your feedback, we were able to reproduce this issue and are quickly working on a fix. We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you and assure you that this issue is a very high priority for us. We expect to have a fix released in the very near future. Thanks again for the feedback.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Sincerely,

Eric VanLaethem

Executive Office of DISH Network

Executive Communications

Wondered about this
Some of the HD channels run a lot of 'converted' SD like old ESPN shows or CBS adding the gray bars on the side YET it's still poor quality because it was not taken with a HD camera.
But when we record it it seems it takes up mongo space, 7x a SD recording will

Why does it not record in the bitrate to save space.....or does it ?
Seems anything in the HD listing eats a ton of dish space or it's just what I think it's doing
200 hrs in SD or 30 in HD
Huge difference esp when I see some channels not really even in HD lite

Another improvement is the Guide is faster when you enter a channel # to 'go' to that channel. It no longer takes like 3 or so seconds to go to another section of the guide. THe 522 is the same but the patch really made it faster from what I can tell

tigershere,

even upconverted SD, broadcast at HD bitrates, takes up the same massive amount of bits as real HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts