DISH adds 250 jobs to call center in Tulsa

Just because a call center is in the US doesn't mean you're going to get a person that speaks English well. Not only that, I've found talking to some people with thick southern accents can be worse than talking to someone overseas.
In tulsa?..

Just because a call center is in the US doesn't mean you're going to get a person that speaks English well. Not only that, I've found talking to some people with thick southern accents can be worse than talking to someone overseas.
The point is that as a tech, calling Front Line support in the US is a whole different ball game than calling and get an overseas operator. Seems like the US agents have better training and more ability to get what I need done whereas the overseas people are usually clueless about a lot of things. Point in case - the 612 bug that requires an upgrade to a 722. The overseas people don't seem to know about known issues, and in this case always want to make the customer sign a new 2 yr agreement with a credit check, etc whereas the US agents just push it through.

"...the 612 bug that requires an upgrade to a 722...."

"Everybody" knows that bug requires an upgrade to a Hopper 3!
:devilish

Reactions: HipKat
Point in case - the 612 bug that requires an upgrade to a 722.

Ah... Can you refresh my memory on this bug? One of my two 612's just crapped out on us Saturday, and a "new" one is on the way.

The so called customer "service" rep on the chat made me do everything I did on Saturday night OVER AGAIN on Sunday. I should have just sat here in front of my computer, waiting an appropriate length of time, rather than running up and down stairs 5-10 times. :mad: The symptoms were no lights, no sounds, no video, no nothing from this 612. When my so called CSR finally agreed it was indeed dead and needed to be replaced, what do you think she told me to do to get it's receiver number? Yup; she told me the remote sequence to bring that up on the screen. :rolleyes:

Tulsa does not have that bad of an accent...Now i won't lie we do say "Yall" round here but compared to overseas or memphis it really is not all that bad. Sadly most of these jobs are almost guaranteed in the retention dept according to Tulsa World.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Scherrman would probably need a translator around me, then. ;)

All this talk about Southern accents...I guess I'm going to have to join the rest of the world that's been offended about something now. :p

My original comment wasn’t necessarily meant to say all would have a southern accent. Any call center in the US is going to get a variety of people who get jobs there. All larger cities have a variety of ethnicities and accents.

Just because you get a US call center doesn’t mean you won’t get a person who’s originally from India or they may just not have an accent at all but just sound like they have a bunch of crap in their mouth.

Almost all call centers have their issues, regardless of where they’re located.

I keep an RV near there and haven't noticed any heavy accents.

Maybe they import them and keep them in buildings surrounded by nets....

I keep an RV near there and haven't noticed any heavy accents.
That's because your Virginia accent is probably not too far off from theirs. ;) :p

To be fair, their local news reporters didn't have much of an accent, but the accent was very apparent in the local commercials.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts