Dish adds Glenn Beck's The Blaze to its Top 250 Package

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think $5 is a little steep for just The Blaze. Dish should create a $5 package with all the alternative news channels like The Blaze, Current, etc ...

I requested it on that thread several weeks ago. You must have missed that. It was uplinked a month or so before I made the request. In may, I received a survey from Beck's company. One of the questions asked If I was interested in seeing Blaze TV on cable or satellite. They specifically mentioned Dish so I had a hunch this was coming. I plan to watch it every day. Looks like I cancel out your block.:)

You're right, I must of missed your request in the thread. But as for you canceling out my block, I control those blocks on my sat receivers and I alone.;)

I think $5 is a little steep for just The Blaze.
The equivalent online subscription is $9.95 but in HD.

Here, let me step into this phone booth and change into my Captain Obvious uniform for a moment.
I grew up getting 2 OTA channels and unfortunately the CBC was one of them. The CBC is a pro Liberal - anti American crown corporation. The only thing it is good for is the hockey. Give the NHL rights to TSN, and sell or close down this bloated waste of tax dollars.
good thing it Canadian tax dollars!!
I have no idea what you are trying to say here.
Juan's confused.......like normal
I believe Juan was expressing that since stecle (Juan assumes) is in the USA and stecle also thinks CBC is crap, he is glad that the tax dollars funding it are Canadian.

Last edited:
??? That'd seem like a ridiculous idea. That'd be like trying to get a good take on religion by listening to extremist Zionists in Israel and extremist Muslims in Iran. NPR is almost the exclusive place on the radio where you can get a great sense of liberal and conservative viewpoints. Listening to liberal or conservative radio is a waste of time because: 1) it is probably 1 part content to 2 parts commericials and news reports and 2) no actual in depth discussion on subjects, only judgmental trash. Listening to Schultz is about as painful as listening to Limbaugh.

That is a false equivalency, at least as far as AM Radio is concerned. Having an opinion doesn't mean it is a justified opinion. You can't give creationism equal time in the science classroom merely because all opinions are supposedly equal.
Hence cut the garbage, listen to NPR "Diane Rehm Show" and "Talk of the Nation" where you'll have qualified intelligent libs and conservatives talking about a particular issue for an hour. Too much time to saturate with sound bites, distortions, and lies.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me if someone is liberal or conservative. What matters is how they get their information and how diametrically opposed to conflicting data they are. The Glenn Beck channel is made for only one type of person, someone that wants to be told something very specific. In the Information Age, there is no excuse for such a channel.

I guess I can sum it up with this one statement; I have my views and you have your's.

The equivalent online subscription is $9.95 but in HD.

Here, let me step into this phone booth and change into my Captain Obvious uniform for a moment.

I believe Juan was expressing that since stecle (Juan assumes) is in the USA and stecle also thinks CBC is crap, he is glad that the tax dollars funding it are Canadian.
he's complaining about the CBC being "anti american" unless he is an american ,that really shouldn't bother him..most state run media is pro their government and anti everybody else. I do enjoy watching CBC news because I like to see American news from a foreign perspective. You cant really be "informed" if you only watch/listen to people who agree with the way you think.

I love how CBC is considered "anti-American" by some. If everyone isn't reciting the Pledge and wearing flag lapel pins, people are being "Unamerican".

I look at at as enterianment I guess, some find him enteraining some not.

Watched a bit of him last night.

Few conservatives don't seem to get he is playing a character. For all intents and purposes, he is the Andy Kaufman of Politics. The way he dresses, speaks, addresses people... very professional wrestling like. Very much like a Paul E. Dangerously. People would walk off a cliff for this guy... much like how little children love John Cena.
I look at at as enterianment I guess, some find him enteraining some not.
Yes, when he says that Obama doesn't like White people, that's just great entertainment.

I don't watch him so I don't follow what he says. I was trying to stay away from any political type posts

That is a false equivalency, at least as far as AM Radio is concerned. Having an opinion doesn't mean it is a justified opinion.

LOL. Thanks for telling us what opinions are "justified" or not. Unfortunately, I don't think your opinions are "justified".

Just lock out the Blaze channel and have a nice day. P.S. I suspect that you will be sneaking a look at the Blaze every now and then.

LOL. Thanks for telling us what opinions are "justified" or not. Unfortunately, I don't think your opinions are "justified".
It might be best to quote me in full context.

"That is a false equivalency, at least as far as AM Radio is concerned. Having an opinion doesn't mean it is a justified opinion. You can't give creationism equal time in the science classroom merely because all opinions are supposedly equal."

Just lock out the Blaze channel and have a nice day.
There are liberal and conservative viewpoints... and then there is blatant partisan propaganda. This is the later and I don't have to like that another political propaganda channel is now available. There is enough misinformation out there, we don't need any more.
P.S. I suspect that you will be sneaking a look at the Blaze every now and then.
Not with Latino Dos I won't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)