Dish adds Glenn Beck's The Blaze to its Top 250 Package

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You have to regard Glenn Beck as a marketing genius. Oprah Winfrey started her own Cable Channel and it has already lost a staggering $350 million dollars, with no end in sight. Beck could have started a network like that and lost money and control. He did it in his own unique way and will be making money hand over fist in terms of profits.

Wow this channel certainly has divided the posters.

That is because this thread has been given a chance to live. Years ago when channel 73 popped up, threads were closed relatively quick to keep the forum in order, LOL.

Last edited:
Glad Dish is offering it. I have the 200 channel package and will be adding the Blaze a la carte. Using channel locks on msnbc and the likes.

Funny, I didn't see one request for this channel in the Request for new channels thread. Makes you wonder why DISH added it ,other than the huge profits they will make off it . Especially if it only cost DISH .10 a sub for it and they charge $5.00 for subs to get it. Already have this channel blocked at my house and that is where it will stay.

I requested it on that thread several weeks ago. You must have missed that. It was uplinked a month or so before I made the request. In may, I received a survey from Beck's company. One of the questions asked If I was interested in seeing Blaze TV on cable or satellite. They specifically mentioned Dish so I had a hunch this was coming. I plan to watch it every day. Looks like I cancel out your block.:)

... and we need a Glenn Beck channel why ???
Maybe you are looking at this the wrong way. Perhaps it is time to put resources together and create the CCN (Coddling Commentary Network).

Anchor: Today in Israel... whatever happened, you are absolutely right in what you think about it. And in other news, the people you think that are bums in DC are so totally bums. You have such marvelous incite and those that disagree with you want to destroy your nation!

Could also launch DDN (Dumb Downed News... yeah it'd be redundant with CNN and MSNBC, but it could be taken to the next level).

Anchor: Today we have John Wilkins, our paid consultant to talk about the on going occupation in Afghanistan.
Commentator A: Afghanistan is a tough subject.
Anchor: Thanks for that input. Next... quantum physics and the Jersey Shore, is there an anti-Snooki?

People have seemed to indicate they want easy to digest or coddled commentary that is exactly what they want to hear.

Unfortunately, there isn't and objectivity world wide. I was ecstatic to final get CBC when I got the Roku. Most of their national news casts and Daily Show like programming is very subjective. Much of which is their objection of the Canadian government "following the American government".

As I said a well informed opinion is a well researched one. I will painstakingly listen to both Liberal and Conservative talk. As an Independent, each side brings something to the table. We just need to sift through there garbage to get that nugget of sense making. Yesterday I thought a liberal on local radio sounded like an idiot, where two days ago I thought they made perfect sense. The same holds true for the conservative I listen to.

In case you haven't noticed, there is a Spitzer (Current) vs. Beck (Blaze) photo on Dish's home page relating to election coverage.

promo-1.jpg

http://www.dish.com/redirects/promotion/theblaze/

Lots of interest in this one on both sides it appears.

We would love to have you come discuss it at sonicbabble. Tell us what you think.

www.sonicbabble.com

You might even see a friendly name or two from sat guys there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

As I said a well informed opinion is a well researched one. I will painstakingly listen to both Liberal and Conservative talk.
??? That'd seem like a ridiculous idea. That'd be like trying to get a good take on religion by listening to extremist Zionists in Israel and extremist Muslims in Iran. NPR is almost the exclusive place on the radio where you can get a great sense of liberal and conservative viewpoints. Listening to liberal or conservative radio is a waste of time because: 1) it is probably 1 part content to 2 parts commericials and news reports and 2) no actual in depth discussion on subjects, only judgmental trash. Listening to Schultz is about as painful as listening to Limbaugh.

As an Independent, each side brings something to the table.
That is a false equivalency, at least as far as AM Radio is concerned. Having an opinion doesn't mean it is a justified opinion. You can't give creationism equal time in the science classroom merely because all opinions are supposedly equal.
We just need to sift through there garbage to get that nugget of sense making.
Hence cut the garbage, listen to NPR "Diane Rehm Show" and "Talk of the Nation" where you'll have qualified intelligent libs and conservatives talking about a particular issue for an hour. Too much time to saturate with sound bites, distortions, and lies.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me if someone is liberal or conservative. What matters is how they get their information and how diametrically opposed to conflicting data they are. The Glenn Beck channel is made for only one type of person, someone that wants to be told something very specific. In the Information Age, there is no excuse for such a channel.

... is made for only one type of person, someone that wants to be told something very specific. In the Information Age, there is no excuse for such a channel.
That statement applies equally to everything in Dish's 2xx channel range, and most of the rest of them as well. Were you saying the same thing when Current, FSTV, MSNBC, FoxNews, et al were added?

By the way, I've got almost every episode of when he was on Fox stored on several EHDs. Since they all have exactly the same description (thanks Dish!) the thought of actually trying to watch any of them looking for anything in particular would be ludicrous. There was a lot of good information contained in those programs and it made me think and do massive amounts of research on my own. If not for Beck I would probably never have picked up "The 5000 Year Leap" or the Federalist Papers. No other guy on TV has done that for me, with the exception of David Jeremiah, but I was reading the Bible already anyway.

Perhaps it is time for a mass purge of stuff I'll never have time to watch again.

Last edited:
That statement applies equally to everything in Dish's 2xx channel range, and most of the rest of them as well. Were you saying the same thing when Current, FSTV, MSNBC, FoxNews, et al were added?
1) Not equally. That is a Moore-Coulter false equivalency.
2) MSNBC is a tabloid news channel and pretty much worthless, except for emergency reporting. More importantly MSNBC and CNN are about ratings and generating revenue, and very little about decent news and issue coverage. They are driven by profit... while Fox is driven by a flat out political agenda.
3) "were added"? They have been around for a while, so it'd been hard to complain recently about them being in the lineup (thankfully I don't pay for MSNBC or Fox, though do get CNN which is at least decent during elections, though these days it seems better to just go online instead of watch a dozen commentators try to make their opinions seem important). I think Current is what Newsworld International became... which was a dark day.

Beck's channel will be Fox News without the pretense of pretending to care about objectivity. There is no liberal equivalent to this sort of channel, nor should there be.

In case you haven't noticed, there is a Spitzer (Current) vs. Beck (Blaze) photo on Dish's home page relating to election coverage.

View attachment 80942

http://www.dish.com/redirects/promotion/theblaze/

Dish will be staging a debate between Beck and Current’s Eliot Spitzer before the first presidential debate on Oct. 2

Check out the last several sentences in the article: http://2http://www.multichannel.com...yton-fires-back-moonves-about-auto-hop/133525

Unfortunately, there isn't and objectivity world wide. I was ecstatic to final get CBC when I got the Roku. Most of their national news casts and Daily Show like programming is very subjective. Much of which is their objection of the Canadian government "following the American government".

As I said a well informed opinion is a well researched one. I will painstakingly listen to both Liberal and Conservative talk. As an Independent, each side brings something to the table. We just need to sift through there garbage to get that nugget of sense making. Yesterday I thought a liberal on local radio sounded like an idiot, where two days ago I thought they made perfect sense. The same holds true for the conservative I listen to.

I grew up getting 2 OTA channels and unfortunately the CBC was one of them. The CBC is a pro Liberal - anti American crown corporation. The only thing it is good for is the hockey. Give the NHL rights to TSN, and sell or close down this bloated waste of tax dollars.

I grew up getting 2 OTA channels and unfortunately the CBC was one of them. The CBC is a pro Liberal - anti American crown corporation. The only thing it is good for is the hockey. Give the NHL rights to TSN, and sell or close down this bloated waste of tax dollars.
good thing it Canadian tax dollars!!

It's amazing that this thread has lasted as long as it has without going completely over the too political line.

I miss the time when the right and the left would talk to each other, hammer out compromises, and get things done. From what I've seen and heard of him, Beck is just another voice for divisiveness - and I'd much rather see the bandwidth used for something else, FearNet anybody?

e pluribus unim --> out of many, one --> we're all in the same boat --> imagine what we all could accomplish together

EatMyVolts said:
It's amazing that this thread has lasted .....

Will say it again

empiretc said:
That is because this thread has been given a chance to live. Years ago when channel 73 popped up, threads were closed relatively quick to keep the forum in order, LOL.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)