Dish anywhere and android 4.3

Butcha

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
Lennox, South Dakota
I posted this problem in the android section but haven't got much help. My Nexus 7 upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.3 from 4.2.2. Now my Dish anywhere does not work. I can set my timers,view my DVR and guide. I cannot view live tv or my recordings. It will not play any video content. Anyone else have this happen? I hope Dish is aware of this and has a fix coming soon. Maybe the Dirt team has some info.

I posted this problem in the android section but haven't got much help. My Nexus 7 upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.3 from 4.2.2. Now my Dish anywhere does not work. I can set my timers,view my DVR and guide. I cannot view live tv or my recordings. It will not play any video content. Anyone else have this happen? I hope Dish is aware of this and has a fix coming soon. Maybe the Dirt team has some info.

We have seen a couple of reports about this. I will submit a technical problem report on your behalf.

Well, did the delete and re-install. Didn't help. The little circle keeps going around and then it says unfortunately anywhere has stopped. My internet is fast enough and it works fine on my Galaxy s4 phone and computer.

It works for me in SQ mode only. If I switch to HQ there is only a blank screen I have the 2013 Nexus 7 with Jellybean 4.3 Is anyone able to use HQ mode with Jellybean 4.3?

I hope they update the Dish Anywhere software soon. Dish has been really slow at fixing bugs Their customer service has been abysmal.

zetaprime You nailed it. But my phone works in HD. Thanks

I think the failure of HD to work on the 2013 Nexus 7 might have to do with the fact that it uses a different graphics chipset than the older Nexus 7. I had on old HD Pinball for Tegra which actually tells you that you don't have the right chip to use the game. Fortunately I was able to get a non chip specific version of that game from Amazon that works just fine on the new Nexus 7.

Mine is not working on the 2012 Nexus 7 with Android 4.3 either. HQ mode just will not load.

That means its not the chip set in the new Nexus 7, but the software I suspect we'll have a long wait for a fix These companies put the customer at the lowest priority

I guess I will have to be happy with SQ until they do an update. Also CNN videos won't play since the 4.3 update.

I assume you refer to CNN live video. The other videos play fine for me within Firefox or using the CNN app. For live CNN at least we still have SD video via Dish Anywhere.

That means its not the chip set in the new Nexus 7, but the software I suspect we'll have a long wait for a fix These companies put the customer at the lowest priority

When Firefox V22 came out the Sling player in Dish Anywhere quit working. It took Dish 2 days to replace the Sling plug-in and fix it. I'd call that lightning fast.

When Firefox V22 came out the Sling player in Dish Anywhere quit working. It took Dish 2 days to replace the Sling plug-in and fix it. I'd call that lightning fast.

Not when many of us were unable to get Dish Anywhere to work because it was asking for a receiver password. I don't remember exactly how many months it took before they fixed it, but it was at least 6..and it was only about a month later that Android 4.3 screwed it all up again. There's actually been very little time during which I've actually been able to enjoy full use of Dish Anywhere since getting my Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)