Dish anywhere and android 4.3

JSheridan

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2008
USA
Not when many of us were unable to get Dish Anywhere to work because it was asking for a receiver password. I don't remember exactly how many months it took before they fixed it, but it was at least 6..and it was only about a month later that Android 4.3 screwed it all up again. There's actually been very little time during which I've actually been able to enjoy full use of Dish Anywhere since getting my Hopper.

I've been using Dish Remote Access and Dish Anywhere non-stop for a long, long time on 722K's and Hoppers. Sorry about your bad luck.

jagowar

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 23, 2004
I am getting the same thing on the nexus 10.... the SQ plays fine for me but the HQ will not.

Also if any dirt members see this put in a request to add chromecast support to the android/ipad apps.

zetaprime

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 18, 2009
Ohio, US
I am getting the same thing on the nexus 10.... the SQ plays fine for me but the HQ will not.

Also if any dirt members see this put in a request to add chromecast support to the android/ipad apps.

It must be related to the failure of some media players to work right after the 4.3 update Something related to the way 4.3 handles video as opposed to the previous Jellybean version .

mikfort51

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 29, 2003
Grain Valley, Missouri
I have a Nexus 4 that just updated OTA to 4.3 and the Dishanywhere app no longer works. The guide and DVR functions work but when trying to view actual programming an error message comes up and says Dishanywhere has closed

Octantis330

Aug 4, 2013
United States
Same issue here....upgraded Nexus 7 (2012) and Nexus 10 to 4.3 and video does not play...only see the circular loading symbol.
For the record, same issue with new Nexus 7 (2013) which I just received this week....4.3.....no video on DishAnywhere app?

nsafreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 7, 2004
Denver,Co
For some odd reason as others have reported the issue only appears if you select HQ video as most folks would do I would imagine. The video does play if you switch to SQ mode but frankly I do not like watching it in this mode on my tablet. Another Nexus 7 (2012) model user that has upgraded to Android 4.3. My guess is that this may well happen to other tablet users once/if they upgrade to 4.3 on their tablets. Nexus users are just the first ones to see it since Nexus models get the OS updates first typically.

zetaprime

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 18, 2009
Ohio, US
Several weeks have gone by..still no fix for the problem..This is what I man about Dish and their "too little too late" style of customer support .

Last edited:

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
Many other Video apps had a problem. Was not a DISH issue blaming them made no sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts