Dish billing

BruceE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
I have a VIP622 dvr receiver & a setup for 4 tvs. My monthly bill as of 11/22/13.
Everything Pak 119.99
HD DVR 17.00
Blockbuster 10.00
DVR Service 7.00
Protection 7.00
Superstations 7.00

Total 187.99

Could I save any on my bill with a Hopper system with 3 Joeys.

Thank you for any info on this.
BruceE

I think your H/3J billing would be
Hopper = $12
Each Joey = $7 X 3 =$21
Total = $33 vs $17 on current system Programming and protection would not change.
I am sure someone will correct me if I am in error.

All stop. He has a single receiver that is feeding 4 TVs. To duplicate what he has, a single Hopper (HWS would be better) and a single Joey would sufficient. MAYBE he could get by with a single Hopper/ HWS. He has independent viewing for two channels at most now. Maybe he is OK with all TVs watching the same program. There are a variety of ways to mirror his programming. 1H/3J would be great, but would greatly expand upon his current capabilities.

OP- what do you have, TV wise? How many HDTVs and how many are SDTVs? Actually, how many do you want in HD? How many need independent viewing?

Specifically asking about 1H/3J is fine. But perhaps that solution exceeds the problem. Which is the higher goal- saving money or gaining capabilities?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

All stop. He has a single receiver that is feeding 4 TVs. To duplicate what he has, a single Hopper (HWS would be better) and a single Joey would sufficient. MAYBE he could get by with a single Hopper/ HWS. He has independent viewing for two channels at most now. Maybe he is OK with all TVs watching the same program. There are a variety of ways to mirror his programming. 1H/3J would be great, but would greatly expand upon his current capabilities.

OP- what do you have, TV wise? How many HDTVs and how many are SDTVs? Actually, how many do you want in HD? How many need independent viewing?

Specifically asking about 1H/3J is fine. But perhaps that solution exceeds the problem. Which is the higher goal- saving money or gaining capabilities?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Reread his original post he has a $17 charge for HD DVR suggesting more than 1 622.

So to sum up, he has 4 sat tuners, and independent viewing at 4 tvs for $24 in fees. To get that with the hopper and 3 joeys, he would be paying $33 in fees. And that wouldn't be full independent viewing at all 4 tvs unless 2 of them are watching the big 4 locals, or at least 1 is watching a DVR recording. To get full independent viewing, he would need 2 hoppers and 2 joeys, at $38 in fees.

When I upgraded to the Hopper system I had the Blockbuster package. I decided to drop that package to offset the increase in fees. My bill only went up $4 but at that time the DVR fee was $10 and the secondary Hopper fee was only $7.

Two Hoppers and two Joeys is the way to go and I would look at those extra packages you have and see how important they are. You could drop one or two of those and offset the cost.

Troubleshoot dpp44?

VOD free Certificate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts