DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

I don't think there is a dispute between Dish and AMC. Dish is not going to carry AMC, Roku's and discounts have taken the place of the AMC channels, and shuffling in some cases channels to replace them in some packages. There is no dispute between SNY, MSG, or YES and Dish. Dish is not going to carry them either. Not even taking sides in this post, just I think those are the facts.

You're correct about one thing. There is no dispute anymore. It looks like the divorce is final. For now. I hardly would say Roku's and discounts have taken the place of AMC channels. Only a very minute percentage of subs that lost AMC channels have a clue that they can get some type of compensation for their loss. Other than the few people I've told I've not heard of anyone else aware of this compensation possibility. In my opinion "E" is saving millions and spending thousands. Not a bad return.

gpollock87 said:
lifetime real women for the ladies. bbc world news,disney jr,funimation,fuse,fearnet.

Those would be a good addition. Bring on fearnet. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Do I have to keep a basic package if I want to only use Dish for the movie pakages? Thinking about adding Bright House cable so I can get AMC back, plus FEARnet HD, The CW in HD and the all our sub locals then use Dish only for movies.

You can subscribe to just a movie package if you desire. They do charge $7 or so a month if you do not have a basic package. So, you could just get HBO if you like. But, also be aware that unless you have a 211k with EHD you will have to pay the $7 plus a DVR fee if you want a DVR. The welcome pack is an alternative, it will give you locals and a few channels.

mike123abc said:
You can subscribe to just a movie package if you desire. They do charge $7 or so a month if you do not have a basic package. So, you could just get HBO if you like. But, also be aware that unless you have a 211k with EHD you will have to pay the $7 plus a DVR fee if you want a DVR. The welcome pack is an alternative, it will give you locals and a few channels.

The Welcome Pack (http://www.mydish.com/support/channels/packagewelcomepack.aspx) is $14.99/month. It probably pays to pay a little more than the no basic package fee to get something for your money. The package actually has some decent channels considering the price; the local company here charges $19.99/month for a package with locals, shopping channels, WGN, and a few religious channels (without equipment fee costs). The premiums (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, or/and Starz) should be able to be added. In terms of a la carte, some programming can be added like the Encore Movie Pack (channels 341-346 and 377) for $5/month. Epix ($7/month) or/and Blockbuster @ Home ($10/month) currently cannot be added to the Welcome Pack for some strange reason. I believe it can be added to the $22.99/month Dish Latino Basico package and the $24.99/month Dish Family package. For more information on these packages, please visit this site: http://www.mydish.com/programmingguides/. The primary receiver does not have a fee. If you have a receiver with DVR service like the 722, then there would be a $6/month DVR fee. However, the 211 does not have a monthly DVR fee and can optionally be turned into a DVR with an external hard drive and a one-time $40 DVR integration fee.

Last edited:
The Welcome Pack (Programming | Welcome Pack | MyDISH Customer Support) is $14.99/month. It probably pays to pay a little more than the no basic package fee to get something for your money. The package actually has some decent channels considering the price; the local company here charges $19.99/month for a package with locals, shopping channels, WGN, and a few religious channels (without equipment fee costs). The premiums (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, or/and Starz) should be able to be added. In terms of a la carte, some programming can be added like the Encore Movie Pack (channels 341-346 and 377) for $5/month. Epix ($7/month) or/and Blockbuster @ Home ($10/month) currently cannot be added to the Welcome Pack for some strange reason. I believe it can be added to the $22.99/month Dish Latino Basico package and the $24.99/month Dish Family package. For more information on these packages, please visit this site: DISH Channels and Programming | DISH TV Guide | MyDISH Customer Support. The primary receiver does not have a fee. If you have a receiver with DVR service like the 722, then there would be a $6/month DVR fee. However, the 211 does not have a monthly DVR fee and can optionally be turned into a DVR with an external hard drive and a one-time $40 DVR integration fee.

Good options, thanks

Well they do have an HD opening since they got rid of AMC HD and possibly 3 SD openings, So they really should try to add something unless they are trying to save it for an AMC return, which could happen if dish settles with AMC/Voom. But thats anyones guess at this point.

This just showed up in my inbox from programming@email.amctv.com:

Dear DISH Subscriber:

Did you know that AMC just received the most Emmy nominations of any basic cable channel? 34 nominations for shows like "Breaking Bad", "Mad Men", "The Walking Dead" and "Hell on Wheels". Yet despite the popularity and demand for these shows, DISH continues to black out AMC, IFC, WE tv, and Sundance Channel. To add insult to injury, DISH continues to charge you for them; you just no longer receive them.

DISH's decision to drop AMC, WEtv, IFC and Sundance Channel had nothing to do with our fees, or our shows. In fact, unlike almost every other dispute you see between providers and programmers, and despite DISH's misleading claims to the contrary, this is not about fees.

The simple truth is that DISH is using their consumers as pawns to attempt to gain leverage in a lawsuit involving an old and unrelated business venture that has nothing to do with AMC, nothing to do with our shows or fees, and certainly nothing to do with DISH subscribers, who just want to watch the shows they love and are paying DISH for. You will not see any AMC Networks' shows on DISH any time soon.

In other words, since DISH's reason for depriving you of AMC programming is based on a lawsuit that won't be resolved for a long time, this problem won't be solved shortly, unlike other disputes between programmers and providers, which typically are resolved in a matter of days (weeks at most).

If you want to watch "Breaking Bad"," Hell on Wheels," "The Walking Dead" and "Mad Men," you will have to switch TV providers. We can help you do that. The good news is, every other cable, phone and satellite company
-- except DISH -- carries AMC in their basic package. Many providers are offering special incentives for people to switch. Call now at 1-855-2-DROP-DISH (1-855-237-6734) and let us help you gain access to the shows your friends and neighbors are watching.

We can help you regain access to AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel and WE tv by calling the above number, visiting Keep AMC Networks or contacting us on Twitter @AMC_Assist.

Thank you for your support of our shows and our networks. We want you to be able to watch the TV you love, and we'll do whatever we can to help make that possible.

Sincerely,
AMC Networks

Is AMC gone? Gee, if you hadn't told me I wouldn't have known. ;) Last time I watched AMC was for Hell on Wheels. For season 2 i'll just use a torrent.

What AMC says might be true but they still aren't worth what they ask the cable sat. companies.

AMC knows losing the Dish subscribers is going to hurt them, so they want to urge as many subscribers to switch as they can. If they really cared about their viewers they might offer some sort of compensation for dish customers that are under contract and can't just switch or get off their high horse and offer AMC as a stand alone channel to Dish without the other channels bundled.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)