DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

But the title of this thread that they are posting to pretty much answers any general "What happened to AMC" question rather immediately don't you think lol.

The Walking Dead season 3 (16 epis)doesn't even start until Oct. 14th this year. So you have another month before you have figure out how you get it. Move to D or cable or buy via other source.

The Walking Dead season 3 (16 epis)doesn't even start until Oct. 14th this year. So you have another month before you have figure out how you get it. Move to D or cable or buy via other source.
i keep hearing people say to buy from another source
if your paying for it from someplace that is the same as your dish price going up imho

i keep hearing people say to buy from another source
if your paying for it from someplace that is the same as your dish price going up imho

Glad you posted that. I agree but........
1. At least for awhile people got some very decent discounts and a free Roku that offset that. At some point it does begin to cost you to buy them.

2. It didn't raise my rates. For all those that do not watch, or only watched if it was there but don't care enough to make an effort - we are saving money then. If you switch to Direct TV go get it, new customer discounts aside, you will pay quite a lot more to watch it. (Not just because of AMC)

Glad you posted that. I agree but........
1. At least for awhile people got some very decent discounts and a free Roku that offset that. At some point it does begin to cost you to buy them.

2. It didn't raise my rates. For all those that do not watch, or only watched if it was there but don't care enough to make an effort - we are saving money then. If you switch to Direct TV go get it, new customer discounts aside, you will pay quite a lot more to watch it. (Not just because of AMC)

i am paying @ $7 a month more after all discounts, and that is $3 for whole home, and $6 for a second room
so no directv is actually very similar in price to dish
actually before the hopper came out directv was much cheaper if you had 2 dvrs due to dish fees

it came from the up to dishes $17 per dvr fee vs the $6 directv
fees per dvr varied from $10 each to $17
so you started in the hole
Oh, silly me, I was looking at the bottom line, not just individual fees.
If you are going to compare fees, the $17 dual dvr fee is actually for 2 tvs, so you'd have to compare the $17 to $12 (two DTV outlets), or 1 outlet ($10 for the 612 vs. $6 for DTV).
Once you figure in the difference in programming costs, it's a wash.

Oh, silly me, I was looking at the bottom line, not just individual fees.
If you are going to compare fees, the $17 dual dvr fee is actually for 2 tvs, so you'd have to compare the $17 to $12 (two DTV outlets), or 1 outlet ($10 for the 612 vs. $6 for DTV).
Once you figure in the difference in programming costs, it's a wash.
thats 1 hd, one sd
but overall the bottom lines end up being very similar. the package prices look diff, but what dish gives up in a package they make up in fees

thats 1 hd, one sd
but overall the bottom lines end up being very similar. the package prices look diff, but what dish gives up in a package they make up in fees

SD or HD, DTV still charges $6 per outlet, correct?
So, you agree, it is not "much cheaper", as you initially claimed. :)

SD or HD, DTV still charges $6 per outlet, correct?
So, you agree, it is not "much cheaper", as you initially claimed. :)
it depends really
but for the normal user its not, its similar
dtv is $6 per reciever it can be dvr or non dvr sd or hd

I guess i will get the walking dead on my roku. dish told me they would not reimburse me the cost though.

But you will have to wait until the season is over to get it on the roku. AMC said streaming would be delayed at least a month matching just like how Netflix has to wait for new releases.
Guess they were on to Dishes game of giving out roku.

But you will have to wait until the season is over to get it on the roku. AMC said streaming would be delayed at least a month matching just like how Netflix has to wait for new releases.
Guess they were on to Dishes game of giving out roku.

So their going to disallow amazon and itunes from next day airings?

it kinda is because they are reimbursing other customers for shows they bought.

I agree with you buddy. My wife loves the show so I have to buy the season or at least each episode. (if the wife ain't happy, nobody happy. :D) Was looking forward to a reimbursement like they told me they would do back when the takedown occurred. Of course there is still plenty of time for something to change so I won't sweat it just yet.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)