DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Geano said:
I'm curious.Does anyone have a idea about how many customers Dish lost when they dropped the AMC Channel. It had to be a lot with high rated shows such as Hell On Wheels,Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead on AMC. Pretty stupid on Dish's part !

The actual answer is not as many as you might think.

Just saw this ad on the SatelliteGuys app, AMC is now paying people $200 to drop DISH.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
[Just saw this ad on the SatelliteGuys app, AMC is now paying people $200 to drop DISH.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys[/QUOTE]

Hey I wonder if I can get my money retroactively :D or would it have been proactively?

$200 is somewhat substantial. Either Scott's comment is correct, or they really, REALLY hate Dish. Or both. :D

Just saw this ad on the SatelliteGuys app, AMC is now paying people $200 to drop DISH.

They are paying in "edible arrangements" with "Hello Kitty" included? That's what your attachment shows, and it shows it's from YOU. That seems kinda odd to me....

Probably just an ad piggybacking on another service provider's new customer offer (or might not even be from AMC at all), have a flyer at home from CenturyLink trying to get me to leave DirecTV for $250.

Sorry posted the wrong picture. The picture I posted was for a fruit bouquet that my wife had me send to one of her employees at work. She needed it as they forgot the chocolate covered fruit. :)

Here is the real pic.

Attachments

• image-2635526215.jpg
    image-2635526215.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 271
Sorry posted the wrong picture. The picture I posted was for a fruit bouquet that my wife had me send to one of her employees at work. She needed it as they forgot the chocolate covered fruit. :)

Here is the real pic.

I would just take the 200$. :D

Here's the phone number listed in that screenshot to take them up on the $200 AMC offer:

855-623-7017

I had no idea there were even ads on the app. It's alli use and I have never seen a single ad

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

That number comes up as a mobile, but I can't track it more than that so far. Be careful if anybody actually calls it.

Ok, maybe that's wrong, as I now see it's a toll-free number.

Sold. Especially since it sounds like I am going to lose my locals due to Gannett being pissed.

As per AMC:

"The $200 incentive will be limited to first 100 qualifying applicants who respond between Oct. 3, 2012 and Oct. 10, 2012."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)