DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

That's right. Only 17% said they would definitely drop Dish. (Another 10% saying maybe they would.) A clear minority.

OTOH, if that was the case in the real world, and 17-27 percent of Dish subs actually cancelled because of this, that would be kind of a big deal.
But as you point out this isn't real world. Posting you would definitely do something and actually doing it are very different things.

I just got off the phone with a Dish CSR, and asked "Are you really going to pull AMC Networks?". He said no, there's been an update, and they will definitely NOT be pulling AMC. I asked how recent that information was, and he said "Within the last day or two". Can anyone else confirm this? I'm planning to wait an hour and call back.

scdown said:
I just got off the phone with a Dish CSR, and asked "Are you really going to pull AMC Networks?". He said no, there's been an update, and they will definitely NOT be pulling AMC. I asked how recent that information was, and he said "Within the last day or two". Can anyone else confirm this? I'm planning to wait an hour and call back.

I would take this info with a grain of salt as CSRs are the last to know about these things. If an agreement had been reached there would have been a press release issued from one of the parties.

I would just like to not have to read tea leaves, like lists of resolutions of prior spats, absence of AMC in channel lineup cards, etc. Unfortunately for us, we're not willing to live without Mad Men and Breaking Bad, no matter what "high quality" channels replace AMC. I'd REALLY prefer not to leave for Comcast, but I need to make a decision soon, as I'm having my roof replaced soon, and have no desire to sink a dish into it just to have it removed a week or two later!

There will be a big press release when this is resolved. It will be posted here long before it gets sent out the the CSRs. Hopefully the press release will happen before the contract expires. But, it unfortunately looks like Dish is digging in for the long haul.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)