DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Did I say I was expecting parting gifts, KAB? I thought this was a forum to discuss topics that are related to satellite providers. I signed up with Dish when they had AMC, and now they don't. I am switching to a provider that does offer it. Dish, in my opinion, yanked the programming over the Voom lawsuit, and I enjoyed Voom years ago when it was available. I did not say I was leaving this site, as I am a Pub Member / Supporter. I did not expect anything like parting gifts, and do not appreciate your rude, sarcastic comment.
Good luck w/ your switch.

This might be a bit off-topic but since when has a jury member got to decide when the trial will be over?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Did I say I was expecting parting gifts, KAB? I thought this was a forum to discuss topics that are related to satellite providers. I signed up with Dish when they had AMC, and now they don't. I am switching to a provider that does offer it. Dish, in my opinion, yanked the programming over the Voom lawsuit, and I enjoyed Voom years ago when it was available. I did not say I was leaving this site, as I am a Pub Member / Supporter. I did not expect anything like parting gifts, and do not appreciate your rude, sarcastic comment.

Apparently you have not/did not watch morning/afternoon games shows from the past. You would have gotten the "joke".

Apparently you have not/did not watch morning/afternoon games shows from the past. You would have gotten the "joke".
Seeing how I read that before 5 am, before any coffee, and with a lack of sleep due to both of my kids being sick and missing school all week, yeah, I missed the joke. Apologize for the overreaction.

Ill do a chat with dish to see whether they'll give me a credit for TWD so i can stream it from amazon. If i get it, great, if not, oh well. Not going to cancel dish either way.

Is still cheaper than direct.

smjbh5 said:
Ill do a chat with dish to see whether they'll give me a credit for TWD so i can stream it from amazon. If i get it, great, if not, oh well. Not going to cancel dish either way.

Is still cheaper than direct.

Did a 30 second chat session, got my $35.

wbrightfl said:
Getting ready for The Walking Dead marathon all weekend on AMC HD. Glad I switched to Bright House a few weeks ago.

Knowing my luck, if I switched, dish would add AMC the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Wait a minute? AMC is gone? Oh that's right I only watch it for two shows, and I usually watch those shows with my friends/neighbors who get Comcast. We use also use their HBO for Boardwalk Empire, in return, we give them Strike Back on Cinemax and let them borrow our BB discs, and the one time during the winter when cable does go out, we let their kids use our tv.

Mfinchv1 said:
On amazon and vuda..yall say next day. So does that mean sundaynight/monday morning at midnight??

I used amazon for breaking bad. The show would be on Sunday nights. On Monday mornings when I woke up for work I would usually already have an email on my iPhone telling me a new episode was available to watch. I'm not sure exactly what time the next day but it's pretty early in the morning.

One good thing about amazon. If you sign up for the season pass they charge you a prorated amount each time a new episode comes out instead of all at once. They then let you cancel the season pass at any point during the season if you want and you would have only paid for the episodes that have came out to that point. If AMC miraculously came back to dish or you decided you don't like the show after all you can cancel without being on the hook for the full season price.

I was happy with Amazon and I will probably use them for the walking dead. I also have an Apple TV in another room I could use to order from iTunes.

My only complaint with amazon actually has more to do with the roku. They have a glitch with the video processors found in many audio video receivers that makes everything from Netflix and Amazon is much darker than it should be. You can read about it online. I don't claim to understand it but from what I've read on the roku forum, apparently the handshaking reads certain video processors the wrong way. It sends color spectrums(not sure if this is the right word) meant for PCs instead of TVs resulting in a darker picture.

Last edited:
AMC has a 24 hr walking dead marathon on right now they are starting w the first pilot episode.

Me too. My 75-year old mom is a big fan of the show, but I have only seen a few minutes here and there and it didn't make much sense. However, perhaps if I start from the beginning... Right now I am 30-minutes into Season 1, Episode 1. My question is how long was the Sheriff in the coma and who cared for him during that time? Anyway, I'm recording everything and added a Season Pass. I never would have done so it AMC didn't get yanked from Dish.

Me too. My 75-year old mom is a big fan of the show, but I have only seen a few minutes here and there and it didn't make much sense. However, perhaps if I start from the beginning... Right now I am 30-minutes into Season 1, Episode 1. My question is how long was the Sheriff in the coma and who cared for him during that time? Anyway, I'm recording everything and added a Season Pass. I never would have done so it AMC didn't get yanked from Dish.

You will get some of those answers later on,don't want to spoil it.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)