DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Scott Greczkowski said:
I just watched my first episode of The Walking Dead, and got to admit I don't get it... just a lot of people getting their heads wacked off and eyeballs poked out.

Not the best show to eat popcorn to. :D

You're doing yourself an injustice if you don't watch the first and second season. It's available to stream on Netflix if you have it.

I would like to THANK all of our SatelliteGuys members who chose SatelliteGuys as their home to discuss this entire AMC and VOOM issue! For the most part we had a very civil discussion about this dispute and for that I THANK YOU!

With over 4,000 posts and over 280,000 views I think this thread was a success!

Again THANK YOU for choosing SatelliteGuys to discuss this dispute! :)

Welcome HOME!

If you want to "get it", you needed to have watched The first episode and followed it for a while. It is character driven. The zombie presence, in my mind, is not the star of the show. In many cases, the zombies aren't even the antagonist.
So, the zombies are just the distraction then? :) Revolution seems like a similar show, without the zombies.

I just watched the replay again and "got it" more this time. And actually laughed at a lot of it. (My son explained the back story to me before the replay so now it makes a lot more sense.

Watching talking dead now, I like Chris Hardwick.

Well, they are a pretty big distraction. I would say they are more like an obstacle. The real good guys/bad guys are the characters.

Yep, it's one things to be a stand-up guy or gal when things are going well - your friends will like you and family love and appreciate you. However, how people deal with adversity and how they treat one another when the times are tough is quite another story. That's what I really enjoy about this show. The walkers and the dire situation for humans on earth serve merely as the backdrop.

Yep, it's one things to be a stand-up guy or gal when things are going well - your friends will like you and family love and appreciate you. However, how people deal with adversity and how they treat one another when the times are tough is quite another story. That's what I really enjoy about this show. The walkers and the dire situation for humans on earth serve merely as the backdrop.
You just described Revolution to a tee, minus the "Walkers".

As someone who watches, and likes both shows, The Walking Dead is much better.
Revolution is still early in revealing the character storylines, and the underlying reason for the blackout. I say it only has room to keep going up. Also, the science fiction aspect of the show is more appealing to me.

I never really watched much on AMC, IFC or Sundance, but I'm very happy to have them back. Now, I'm fairly certain that either or both IFC and Sundance were only in SD on Dish before they were pulled. When they return on Nov. 1, will they be in HD?

You just described Revolution to a tee, minus the "Walkers".

TWD to me is much,much more entertaining than Revolution.To each their own,and I'm sure some don't like zombies but,again its all about the characters and their will to survive.

And Scott,I would definitely recommend watching from the first episode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)