DISH DVR 922 RELEASE DATE????

csschrot

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Lincoln Ne
At work we got the new flyers and such for the promotions starting Feb.1. I was surprised to see the 922 listed in the equipment flyer. I'm thinking fall/winter.

Islandguy43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 24, 2006
Grand Island, NY
On a more serious note; they showed the DTVpal DVR (TR-50) at the 2008 CES and I started beta testing one in October and they released them for sale to general public in late december. So most likely it will be the last quarter of this year. I have already requested to be part of the beta testing for them.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Their departure was expected. When a company is sold, it is routine for the old owners and top management team to stay on for a few months, then leave. So it should be a smooth transition.

Cyclone

Proud Stiff Member
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
Maryland
Is there some kind of "pool" web site where we can start a pool where everyone picks a date and whoever is closest wins? I'm guessing Spring which roughly translates to sometime during the 1st week of December.

jdmacor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 24, 2008
Houston, TX
Is there some kind of "pool" web site where we can start a pool where everyone picks a date and whoever is closest wins? I'm guessing Spring which roughly translates to sometime during the 1st week of December.

Yeah, the winner should get a 922... In fact, seeing as we are trying to read in between the lines, I am going to predict an apropos release date of 9/22 (2009 hopefully...).

OoTLink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 25, 2005
When Dish network says spring, they mean spring in like.. Australia or something.

I could use a 922 as well. I tried to TurboHD on my 625 and it has a big hole in it now for some odd reason.

FitzAusTex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 3, 2007
Austin, TX
I think I really want a 922, I'm just still really wondering if the final product is actually going to forgo numeric keys on the remote, and how that's actually going to go over with consumers...theoretically I like the idea - as long as I can get to ESPN2 or HBO as fast as I can currently press 144 or 300.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts